[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - My knockout at 18th place in a top 9 pay tourney...
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 3:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 My knockout at 18th place in a top 9 pay tourney... 
Misses Sangre!

Post My knockout at 18th place in a top 9 pay tourney...
heres the hand that did it...was a suckout...

Bidz says the guy made the right play...

i'm furious and think he never should have seen the flop....

Post away, I'll be arlight with this in the morning, so go ahead and let me know what you think...

I will admit capping the river was probably a mistake but the blinds were so high and i wasnt gonna do anything with 1600.

PokerStars Game #530765807: Tournament #1980821, Hold'em Limit - Level
VIII (400/800) - 2004/07/08 - 00:09:23 (ET)
Table '1980821 13' Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: Chris Milani (5367 in chips)
Seat 4: mikeymike_s (13650 in chips)
Seat 6: taygolf (8717 in chips)
Seat 7: cwalsh6 (4569 in chips)
Seat 8: LouisvilleAK (7560 in chips)
Seat 9: red earth (16445 in chips)
mikeymike_s: posts small blind 200
taygolf: posts big blind 400
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Chris Milani [Qs Qc]
cwalsh6: folds
LouisvilleAK: calls 400
red earth: calls 400
Chris Milani: raises 400 to 800
mikeymike_s: folds
taygolf: calls 400
*** FLOP *** [6d 7s 4d]
taygolf: bets 400
Chris Milani: raises 400 to 800
taygolf: calls 400
*** TURN *** [6d 7s 4d] [2c]
taygolf: checks
LouisvilleAK: checks
red earth: checks
Chris Milani: bets 800
taygolf: calls 800
LouisvilleAK: calls 800
red earth: calls 800
*** RIVER *** [6d 7s 4d 2c] [Th]
taygolf: checks
LouisvilleAK: checks
red earth: checks
Chris Milani: bets 800
taygolf: calls 800
LouisvilleAK: raises 800 to 1600
red earth: folds
Chris Milani: raises 800 to 2400
taygolf: folds
LouisvilleAK: raises 800 to 3200
Betting is capped
Chris Milani: calls 567 and is all-in
*** SHOW DOWN ***
LouisvilleAK: shows [9d 8d] (a straight, Six to Ten)
Chris Milani: shows [Qs Qc] (a pair of Queens)
LouisvilleAK collected 16534 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 16534 | Rake 0
Board [6d 7s 4d 2c Th]
Seat 1: Chris Milani (button) showed [Qs Qc] and lost with a pair of
Queens
Seat 4: mikeymike_s (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 6: taygolf (big blind) folded on the River
Seat 7: cwalsh6 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: LouisvilleAK showed [9d 8d] and won (16534) with a straight,
Six to Ten
Seat 9: red earth folded on the River

Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:27 am
ECF Icon

The only thing "wrong", IMHO, is that he called instead of raised before the flop. Suited connectors that high is playable though. After he hit the draws, both flush and straight...he was in for the haul. If it wasn't Limit...you might have taken him down earlier.

Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:30 pm
Profile WWW
Prophet of Mulism

Mike, if he raises, he eliminates some of the other callers and w/ a marginal hand like that before the flop... you want a lot of callers so that if you do hit your hand, you get a large pot.

Snuff, w/ so many callers before the flop the guy with 98 was figuring there was going to be 2600 in the pot... he might as well call your raise as well... yeah it's a little brutal that he limped in second position like that but if 3-4 ppl were always seeing flops at this table... it's forgivable.

After the flop, I'd have done exactly what he did.

The guy got a HUGE drawing flop... can't expect him not to chase it.

Mars.

PS I understand the frustration and why you capped it but remember the next hand you coulda gotten AK and gotten right back into if it was a multiway pot.

In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. - Thomas Jefferson

Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:28 pm
Profile YIM
Prophet of Mulism

Incidently... I'm just supposing but I'm betting that you probably weren't even 50% to win that hand after the flop.

Obviously the other guys had pairs or a piece of that flop... maybe even stuff like AK... so a lot of cards on the river would have hurt you. Very tough spot to be in... hate having the best hand but against so many draws :(

Mars

In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. - Thomas Jefferson

Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:31 pm
Profile YIM
ECF Icon

Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:42 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]