[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - The Evil of the Knockopen
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 6:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 The Evil of the Knockopen 
Too much time on my hands

Post The Evil of the Knockopen
That's right: "Knockopen." One word as in: it happens too fast to be divided into two words. I was visiting with my family the other day. As she always has, my mother decided to initiate the knockopen. In other words, she opened the door to the room in which I was changing while simultaneously knocking.

Not only did it give me flashbacks to the countless times that she did this when I lived there, but it irked me that her excuse was the same. I covered myself up as best as I could and told her to get out. Her reply was the same as always: "What? I knocked!"

I have news for anyone else who tortures friends or family with the knockopen. Knocking at the exact same time as entering a room accomplishes nothing. Unless you have the reflexes of the Flash, you have no chance or time to say anything before it is too late. It irks me like few other things.

What are your thoughts on the knockopen? Has it ever happened to you? Are you guilty of doing it to others?

-Matt

Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:30 pm
Profile WWW
C-Evil-O

I find that most knockopens occur because someone is TRYING to catch you. The KO is a vicious invasion and should be abolished, even when it's the D.E.A. i HATE when thos bastards knock my door down with their battering rms before I can flush the coke down the toilet.

You knew I would do anything for you when I came back with your Burger King.

Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:15 pm
Too much time on my hands

:lol: Yes, a problem for all of us, I'm sure.

-Matt

Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:17 pm
Profile WWW
Can thou not hearest? Let me turneth it up!

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:44 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
The Second Coming

'Patriotism is supporting your country all the time...and your government when it deserves it.' ~Mark Twain

Save the planet. Kill a hippie.

Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:25 pm
C-Evil-O

I just remembered worse than the knockopen is when it's done by someone that does NOT live wity you. Why don't people leave after an illfated knock open?

You knew I would do anything for you when I came back with your Burger King.

Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:40 pm
Check your blind spot

My sister-in-law did that to my wife and I last week while we were in a...compromised position.

Actually, it wasn't a true knockopen. It was a knock, hear 'Yes?', equate that with permission to enter.

:cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:41 am
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]