[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - Purge's Picks 7/13/05 *potential spoilers*
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 6:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Purge's Picks 7/13/05 *potential spoilers* 
Under Carder

Post Purge's Picks 7/13/05 *potential spoilers*
The New Avengers #7: It was a pretty good read. I'm interested in seeing where they go with the Sentry considering the newest events. I could see where some people might not like what they did, but I'm taking a wait and see approach.

Batman and Robin The Boy Wonder #1: The story has been told before, but I dig the dialogue, and the art. Plus, Frank Miller usually puts his own twist on things, so who knows, maybe we will see Miller develop some more origins the way he seems to end up doing every once in a while.

JLA # 116: I marked the fuck out about this book, I'm sorry. This is part 2 in the fallout to Identity Crisis where Batman is confronted by the League about them wiping his mind. Let's just say the last pages are kick ass. I definitely recommend this story-arc to anyone that dug Identity Crisis, and/or digs Batman.

To be continued ...

Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:34 pm
Too much time on my hands

I haven't read Boy Wonder, but the other two books are definitely worth the read this week. I'm also giving my vote to The Flash and to JSA, which has been the best read out there for awhile in my opinion and this latest issue has one hell of an ending.

Good picks though Purge. I take it from your avatar and the things that you've said that you are a big Batman fan. Is he your favorite? What titles are your favorites?

-Matt

Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:53 am
Profile WWW
Under Carder

Batman is definitely one of my favorites. And I think part of that is because of how fleshed out his villains have become. A number of writers went through the trouble of updating and filling out origins for guys like Ra's, Joker, and Two-Face, and it all goes into making Batman even more awesome, because there is a rhyme or a reason now. I definitely thinK batman is awesome.

As far as individual books go, Young Avengers might just be my favorite right now. On the surface it looks like one thing, but it ends up being something almost completely different, and so far it's just awesome IMO.

House of M has gotten more and more disappointing since the first issue, but the HoM spin-offs like Spiderman, F4, and Iron Man are awesome, and I've heard the same about Hulk.

Right now I'm following Astonishing X-Men, New Avengers, Young Avengers, Rann/Thanagar War, Day of Vengeance, Villains United, OMAC Project, House of M and Spidey/Iron Man/F4 spin-offs, Mutopia X (which started yesterday), JLA (for the Identity story), Green Arrow, and the new Miller Batman/Robin.

I might be forgetting some. I'm also gonna try and get in on the current Lex Luthor title.

Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:50 pm

I haven't read the Luthor series yet, but I hear tell it is excellent. Except for New Avengers and Young Avengers (which I started late, but ordered the previous issues), I don't read much from Marvel except for the occasional title here or there that happens to catch my eye. I'm mostly a DC reader.

Basically, anything by Geoff Johns is worth reading: Teen Titans, Green Lantern, JSA (best book out in my opinion), and Flash

I also read JLA and am reading the minis (Rann, DoV, VU, OMAC) and have been reading Outsiders lately because of the storyline with TT

If the rumors are true, I plan on picking up the Green Lantern Corps book (Guy AND Kyle in the same title= awesome). I like Batman a lot actually, but the problem I have with him is the same that I have with Wolverine in Marvel: overexposure. I would rather see them in a couple of quality titles (a singles and perhaps a team book) than in several books that cause continuity errors and make them seem stale. Batman does have probably the most developed villains in all of comics though. Good call on that.

-Matt

Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:07 pm
Profile WWW

I changed my mind on New Avengers. After reading it again, I don't much care for it. I'm not saying it won't recover in the next issue(s), but I just think they went a stupid route with it. I didn't like it when She-Hulk broke the "reality" boundary and I'm not caring for it now.

-Matt

Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:29 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]