[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - TCW Havoc in Sheffield (February 4 2007)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 TCW Havoc in Sheffield (February 4 2007) 
Can thou not hearest? Let me turneth it up!

Post TCW Havoc in Sheffield (February 4 2007)
<center>Image

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers.... Bullshit!

Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!

New, what do you own the world?

How do you own disorder, disorder,

Now, somewhere between the sacred silence,

Sacred silence and sleep,

Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep,

Disorder, disorder, disorder!"
</center>

There is none of the usual fanfare after the TCW logo fades from the screen, instead the viewers at home are given a view of TCW's Enforcer, Bruce standing in the ring with a microphone in his hand. His cowboy hat sits in one corner, and his pale features are unusually measured and calm. His red eyes have none of their usual malevolent sparkle, and it's clear from this that whatever he has to say is not likely to please anyone.

"Ladies and gentlemen," Bruce begins, "it's with great regret that I bring you the news that the reigning 411fed and ECF Unified World's Heavyweight Champion, Jason Dante..."

The live crowd pops at the mention of the champ's name.

"...was the victim of a brutal and unprovoked backstage assault as last week's Friction went off the air. All of you watching were witness to the extreme violence of Drakus's attack and it will come as no surprise that Dante suffered severe injuries as a result of it."

He pauses.

"Extremely severe injuries."

The crowd falls quiet, and there is a low murmur of concern audible.

"Immediately after the attack, Jason Dante's allies in the New Hellfire Club rushed him to one of his own MediTech facilities, where doctors quickly ascertained the extent of his injuries. Drakus's Psycho Driver shattered several of the vertebrae in Dante's neck, and completely severed his spinal column."

Bruce allows the news to reverberate through the arena. There is a shocked noise at his announcement and most people seem to realise what such a terrible injury means.

"Unsurprisingly," Bruce continues, his face still not betraying any emotion, "this has resulted in total paralysis below the neck. Dante has been rendered quadriplegic and requires a ventilator to breathe. Even with the medical technology and funds that a man of his resources has available, his recovery has been termed extremely unlikely. If not impossible."

The crowd is booing at this news, but only quietly.

"Of course...Dante's regrettable condition aside, we do have a business to run, and therefore other, more immediate concerns. Thanks to a clause in Drakus's contract, he will not be suspended as Dante has quashed any question of an investigation into the assault and he is therefore not in breach of his terms. However, as Dante is the World Champion, he must sadly suffer once again. Given that he is obviously no longer able to compete in the ring, Dante will be required to forfeit the titles..."

Now the crowd's booing comes over much louder. There is audible jeering and shouting in the arena.

"But not yet. As he recently defended the World Championship against Hammer, he's still within the time limit in which he is required to defend the titles, which means that he remains the Champion."

The boos become cheers.

"Until the upcoming pay-per-view.... It's on that date that the time limit expires. As always, the Champion will be booked in a title match, and if Dante is not present when the bell rings for that match, he will forfeit the titles to the challenger."

The boos are loudest this time, the fans rallying against the idea that Dante will be forced to loose his belts under such unfair circumstances.

"Alternatively, given that a number one contender has not yet been assigned, if Dante agrees to vacate the Championship before the end of tonight's show, a tournament will be held to decide the new Champion. The choice is his."

The crowd continue their negative reaction, but Bruce simply smiles tightly and nods at the camera.

"Thanks."

He throws the microphone down, retrieves his hat and leaves the ring slowly. The camera catches the strange look in his eyes as he walks up the ramp, and it's clear he isn't as emotionally detached as his words made him appear.

Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:59 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Sammy Eubanks: The following contest is a six-man, three team tag match, scheduled for one fall...

Tex: Well folks, let me take a minute to explain how this one is going to work. There are three teams, making six men...

Cain: People...

Tex: Uh...yes, <i>people</i>, altogether. There'll be two in the ring, and one in each corner, and either legal...person...can tag anyone they want in. First fall wins.

<i>Faint white figures paint my sleep
Please don't tell my secrets keep them hidden (you got it, you got it, you got it)
If the words that matter reach your face from floor
Will you be wondering if, or (do I need what is given or honest)
Does it cost me scarring if the words stay true
Even number your nephew (I don't want it, don't want it, don't want it anymore)</i>

Sammy: And their opponents, at a combined weight of 333 lbs...FREEEEEYA GREEEEEN AND...uh...STEPHEN HAWTHORNE!!!!

Banter: Who?!

Cain: Well, by a process of elimination, I assume that that would be the artist formerly known as DeadZone.

Banter: Great, another name of someone I hate to remember...

An explosion sounds above the entrance ramp, sending golden pyro raining down.

<i>And when the answer that you want
Is in the question that you state
Come what may!
Come what may!

And when the answer that you want
Come what may!
Come what may! </i>

Freya walks down the ramp, accompanied by her partner, signalling to her fans with points and grins.

<i>In a pain that buckles out your knees
Could you stop this if I plead (you got it, you got it, you got it)
So destined I am to walk among the dark
A child in keeping secrets from (will they know what I've done in the after)
In the sought for matter when the words blame you
In a blood red summer I'll give you (I don't want it, don't want it, don't want it) </i>

Freya hops up into the ring and climbs the turnbuckle and raises an arm, smiling at her many fans. Hawthorne enters somewhat more gingerly, seemingly unused to the pomp and energy of the young girl's entrance.

Tex: Freya and...uh...Hawthorne...have already proved to be a formidable team with their victory over the RoXoRz last week. Of course, Freya also joined the New Hellfire Club as the show closed, so I wonder how that's going to play into this match?

Cain: Trust is a vital element of any tag team combination - if Hawthorne feels like Freya has gone behind his back, she may not be able to rely on him.

Banter: Let's hope so anyway!

<i>And when the answer that you want
Come what may!
Come what may!

And when the answer that you want
Come what may!
Come what may!</i>

Freya hops lightly from one foot to the other as Hawthorne watches the entrance ramp for the first of their opponents.

Sammy: And their opponents...first, from Los Angeles, California, at a combined weight of 490 lbs...Ghetto Fire and Hammer....TEEEEEAAAAAAAAM GHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTO HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMEEEEER!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Here Comes the Hammer!!!!" hits the speakers and right after that the opening guitar riff of "Welcome Home" by Coheed and Cambria starts to play as Team Ghetto Hammer makes their way to the ring.

Tex: Well it's been a while since the former tag team champions have been in the ring together, and I guess they're looking to get back into the game here.

Cain: They're another team that have become divided by this stable war - Hammer betrayed his team mate to join Infinity, but since Ghetto Grass lost a best they've had to be Hammer's...well...his servants, I suppose.

Banter: Shouldn't everyone be servants for Infinity?

Tex: Even you?

Banter: No, Highone said I'm an honorary member!
Cain: I don't think I want to be your servant...

Banter: Don't worry - you wouldn't have to serve me directly. I'd make sure you were cleaning the toilets so I don't have to look at your whiny nerd face.

Hammer and Ghetto Fire have reached the ring and Hammer throws a few crotch chops in Freya's direction.

Tex: Freya put herself on the wrong side of Infinity last week, but Hammer will have to keep a cool head.

Cain: And so will Freya - with the NHFC's leader taken out by Drakus, who knows where her head is at right now?

Banter: Maybe she should be thinking about the vacant World Titles like everyone else?

Tex: They aren't vacant yet, Banter...

Junior Kickstart begins to play, pumping up the crowd, as Duo appear on the ramp.

Sammy: And...weighing in at 400lbs...accompanied to the ring by Elsie...CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!!!!!

Banter: Now here's a weirdo...

Tex: I don't think anyone ever accuses a guy like Cage of being normal, but I wouldn't go calling him weird to his face.

Cain: And weird or not, a man of his size is always going to be a force to be reckoned with...

Tex: PD found that out earlier tonight, and I'm receiving word right now that PD has not been cleared to participate in this match, so Cage will be going it alone.

Elsie is jumping and ready for action. She keeps up the crowd's energy while heading quickly towards the ring. Cage follows close behind her, remaining focused. He makes no indication that he even notices the crowd. Elsie heads to the corner, climbing the turnbuckle, keeping the crowd going, while Cage climbs into the ring, his massive form taking center-stage.

The six individuals all stand in the ring, all but one of them prepared to fight, as Cage has clearly forbidden Elsie from taking PD's place. The referee administers a number of coin tosses and eventually the ones who will start the match are figured out. Cage, Hawthorne and Hammer are all ordered to their respective corners, leaving one empty.

Tex: I'd normally say that the lone Cage is at a disadvantage in this match, but with his size I'm not certain that's the case at all; it's worth pointing out that he outweighs Freya and Hawthorne combined.

Freya and Ghetto to start off. Freya hits an armdrag and holds on with an armbar. Ghetto tries to reverse out, but Freya holds on and swings up into a crucifix pin...

One...

And Ghetto kicks out.

Cain: An early pin attempt from Freya. As always, her speed is going to be her greatest asset in this match.

Banter: Well that isn't the asset I'll be watching...

Tex: Freya has the NHFC to back her up now, Banter - I'm not sure Darkness, Acolyte and Misfit will be too happy about you talking like that about her.

Banter: Yeah, I'm banking they'll send Dante instead.

Cain: That was a little below the belt...

Banter: Well he won't feel it then.

Tex and Cain lapse into an embarrassed silence as, in the ring, Ghetto charges Freya and brings her down with a shoulder block. He drops an elbow and then attempts a vertical suplex, but Freya lands on her feet and dropkicks Ghetto so he's hung up on the second rope.

Cain: Uh oh! Watch out!

Freya cups her hands to her mouth and lets out her trademark howl as she sprints towards Ghetto and hits the OX4.

Tex: This one could be over already!

The stunned Ghetto rolls into Hammer's corner though, where his partner tags himself in. Hammer is straight in with a clothesline that turns Freya inside-out!

Cain: Brutal lariat!

Banter: Don't you mean clothesline?

Cain: That's what I said.

Banter: You know you're never ever going to get laid, right?

Cain: I have a wife and two kids...

Banter: You call those kids? I've seen better-looking infants in the Neanderthal exhibit.

Cain: I guess you'd be right at home with the big, dumb cavemen.

Hammer scoop slams Freya and snaps on a side-headlock. She tries to back suplex out of it, but she isn't strong enough to lift him. She pushes him away instead, but he turns straight around and tries a straight right-hand, only for Freya to duck. Hammer stumbles, and Freya gets another drop-toe-hold, landing Hammer on the second rope as Ghetto was just minutes before.

Tex: Another OX4?

Banter: What does that even mean?

Cain: I understand it's the area-code of her hometown. You know, like Rey Mysterio's 619?

Banter: Don't we have enough WWE rip-offs with that K.I.D. guy joining the roster?

Freya goes for the OX4 again, but this time Hammer catches her and drags her onto the canvas with a crash. He tries another pin...

One...but Freya's shoulder is right up.

Hammer pulls Freya over to the corner to tag in Ghetto, who comes off the turnbuckle with a legdrop after Hammer slams her to the mat. Ghetto covers now...

One...

Two...

Kick out!

Cain: Freya is hanging on here, but she's can't take attacks from men who outweigh her by one hundred pounds forever.

Ghetto whips Freya into the unoccupied corner, and heads in with a clothesline. He whips her to the opposite corner, where an increasingly frustrated Cage tags himself in.

Tex: And now I think the mood is about to change!

Ghetto backs off, but Cage charges and sends Ghetto spinning through the air with a massive clothesline. He yanks Ghetto to his feet and brings him down with a standing powerslam. He pins...

One...

Two...

And Hammer makes the save.

The former boxer clubs Cage on the back, but the huge man seems unaffected, and gives Hammer a back-body drop. Ghetto hammers him in the abdomen with right and left hands, but Cage clubs him down.

Tex: The sheer power of this man is terrifying to watch - what he lacks in skill, he makes up for with his size and strength.

Cain: It's hard to see how anyone could possible stop him.

Hammer staggers to his feet and tries a clothesline, but literally bounces off Cage's massive chest. Ghetto takes advantage of his partner's distraction to dive across the ring and grabs Hawthorne's hand, forcing a tag.

Banter: Hahaha!

Tex: It looks like the man formerly known as DeadZone is going to have to take part in this match a bit sooner than he might have liked. He does hold that pinfall victory over Cage though, largely thanks to some pretty whily tactics.

Hawthorne reluctantly steps into the ring as Cage manhandles Hammer over the top rope on the other side. As Cage has his back turned, Hawthorne charges up and aims a forearm at his back, but Cage only turns around slowly.

Hawthorne backs off, but Cage grabs him around the neck and hauls him off his feet, only for Hawthorne to kick him in the face, sending him staggering back. Cage bounces against the ropes and Hawthorne attempts a cross-body to send him over.

Banter: That's not going to work...

Cain: Hawthorne has a lot of heart, but he's less than half the weight of Cage - there's no way he's going to be able to knock him over, even if he uses his body as a weapon like that.

Cage grabs Hawthorne and spins around, still holding him, but Freya suddenly comes off the top rope with a missile dropkick that knocks him over.

Tex: Oh! Incredible teamwork!

Hawthorne holds on and covers...

One...

But Hammer comes out of nowhere and breaks up the pin.

As Cage tries to stand, Hawthorne attempts to club him down with elbows to the face, but gets thrown bodily across the ring. Hammer goes after Freya, but she lures him into a charge and then pulls the ropes down, causing him to tumble over. As he staggers to his feet, she hits a vaulting body press and both of them go down.

Cain: A beautiful aerial attack from Freya - her agility is unmatched in TCW.

Tex: It's plain to see why the New Hellfire Club recruited her.

In the ring, Cage continues to brutalise Hawthorne with a huge drop suplex. He attempts a pin, but this time Ghetto breaks it up right away with a top-rope stomp to Cage's head. The huge man stands up rubbing his head and, for a second, Ghetto and Hawthorne are on the same page as they team up to double-clothesline Cage. He stumbles backwards...

Banter: The bigger they are...

Stumbles...

Banter: The harder they...

Stumbles...

Banter: Come on already.

And falls over backwards.

Banter: Thank you... FALL.

Ghetto jumps on him for a pin, but Hawthorne hauls him off and covers instead. Ghetto does likewise, and the two begin to brawl, exchanging punches and then chops. Cage stands up behind them and rears back to clothesline them both, but Hawthorne manages to duck, and Cage just nails Ghetto, who tumbles right over the top rope.

Tex: Hawthorne is no slouch when it comes to speed himself.

Hawthorne ducks behind Cage and rolls him up...

One...

Two...

Suddenly Hammer comes out of nowhere and breaks it up. Cage pulls himself up to his feet, but this time Hammer is ready and hits the Jihad Kick. Cage stumbles backwards into the unoccupied corner, only for Elsie to be ready on the apron to slap him on the back as if making a tag.

Banter: What the hell?

Cain: I think Elsie just tagged herself in!

Banter: But she isn't in the match!

Tex: Tell that to her.

The referee looks at Elsie for a second, but then shrugs and slaps his hands together, indicting the tag is legal.

Cain: It looks like Elsie is going to be PD's replacement after all.

The young girl climbs up to the top rope and comes off with a fairly sloppy cross body on Hammer. She hops straight up and lays in forearms to Hawthorne, but he responds with an inverted atomic drop and whips her across the ring. Cage comes to his senses as Elsie comes back towards Hawthorne, and the man known to most as DeadZone floors her with a back body drop.

Tex: It looks like Cage isn't very happy that his charge has gotten herself involved here...

Cage roars and charges Hawthorne, who gets flattened with a shoulder block. He moves over to Elsie and picks her up, ignoring her struggles to escape his all-encompassing grip. He grabs hold of her arm and forces her to tag in Ghetto who now stands in his corner.

Cain: And that's a tag too, apparently.

Banter: Where are Duo going?

Tex: It looks to me like Cage has had enough.

Ghetto is only too pleased to get in the ring as Cage carries the struggling Elsie back up the ramp and the referee shrugs, allowing the match to proceed without them. Ghetto spears Hawthorne and slugs him down as Hammer watches from near the ropes. He takes a step forward as Ghetto tries for a pin...

One...

Freya dives into the ring and, without warning, takes Hammer down with a lungblower.

Two...

Hawthorne kicks out!

Freya hops over the ropes and up to the turnbuckle in her own corner. While Hawthorne elbows Ghetto in the stomach and then whips him towards Freya, quickly tagging her once he gets close enough. She turns around and catches Ghetto in the Lunar Eclipse.

Tex: Lunar Eclipse! This one is over!

Hammer recovers his wits and dives towards Freya, but Hawthorne gets in his way and trips him, holding the former boxer down as his partner pins...

One...

Two...

Three!!!

Cain: Freya and Stephen Hawthorne pick up a huge win! The tag team titles are in the sights of this young and exciting new team!

Banter: Goddamnit.

Tex: Hammer looks irate at Ghetto...

The Infinity member shakes his head at his partner who is rubbing his neck, before swinging himself over the ropes and walking up the ramp, not acknowledging the jeers of the crowd.

Cain: A loss for Hammer, and that's a big blow for Infinity.

In the ring, Hawthorne and Freya celebrate as "Blood Red Summer" continues to play but, as soon as Team Ghetto Hammer leave the ringside area, the music suddenly cuts out.

Banter: Haha...it looks like Infinity are going to rectify this problem immediately!

<i>Mother
Tell your children not to walk my way
Tell your children not to hear my words
What they mean
What they say
Mother...</i>

Banter: What the hell?!

Tex: ‘Hell' is the right word!

<i>Mother
Can you keep them in the dark for life
Can you hide them from the waiting world
Oh mother...

Father
Gonna take you daughter out tonight
Gonna show her my world...

Oh father...</i>

As an explosion rips through the entrance way, the figures of Acolyte, Acid Misfit and Darkness are silhouetted in the flames. The arena is bathed in red lights, and Hawthorne looks somewhat panicked as Freya steps back, a half-smile on her freckled face.

Tex: Well, Dante may be paralysed, but the NHFC seem to be here in force nonetheless. What do you think this is about?

Cain: I guess we'll find out...

The NHFC make their way down the ramp to a rabid reaction, Darkness leading the way in his wrestling attire plus his black leather jacket. He swings himself up into the ring, followed closely by his stable-mates as Hawthorne takes a step backwards. He glances at Freya, who gives him an encouraging nod.

Banter: Oh no, is this what I think it is?

Darkness rolls his shoulders as the music dies down and motions for a microphone, which a ring hand passes him. He takes it and raises it to his lips, pausing for a moment for the cheering of the fans to die down.

"Stephen, yes?"

Hawthorne nods, still visibly nervous around the well known stable that now stands arrayed around him in the ring.

"Well, Stephen," Darkness continues, his voice low but steady, "as you know, the New Hellfire Club is undergoing a trying time at the moment. What happened to Jason..." Darkness seems unsure of how to continue, but recovers himself and forges on as the crowd gives him a respectful silence. "What happened to him has shaken not just us, but every member of the TCW roster, and everyone backstage and, I hope everyone in the crowd here in Sheffield, and everyone watching at home."

The arena is overtaken by spontaneous clapping as a show of respect for the injured World Champion and Darkness allows it to run its course before he continues.

"It's a difficult time...but our war will not stop for the sake of one man, even a man such as Dante. Our struggle continues and, on the word of your tag-team partner," Darkness nods in Freya's direction, and the young woman gives him a slight scowl, "I'd like to invite you to be a part of it."

Hawthorne seems surprised, but the crowd is cheering again.

Tex: The fans have really gotten behind DeadZone - or Stephen Hawthorne, I should say - these past few weeks and I can only assume they want to see him join Freya as part of the NHFC.

Banter: So they lose Dante but get DeadZone? Nice trade-off...

Cain: Dante isn't lost, Banter...

Tex: And, in case you didn't notice, Hawthorne has two consecutive wins over members of Infinity.

In the ring, Hawthorne still looks unsure. Darkness's hand is extended to him, and the crowd begins to chant for him to take it. He looks from side to side and finally, tentatively, meets Darkness's handshake. The NHFC's substitute spokesman smiles slightly and inclines his head as he shakes Hawthorne's hand firmly and then raises his hand for the crowd to cheer the NHFC's new member as "Mother" begins to play again.

Tex: It looks like Infinity have someone new to worry about!

camera cuts to the locker room where Kermit is busy trying to lace up his shoes.

enter JE

JE: Kermit man, where the fuck have you been? I've been trying to call you.

Kermit looks up groggy. His eyes are a bit bloodshot, and his face is sporting a five o clock shadow.

Kermit: Ooo..hey JE. Sorry, I've been busy lately. Chicago business and all you know.

JE: Damn man, you look like hell.

Kermit waves it off

Kermit: I'm fine. Just tired is all.

JE: Um....why are you suiting up?

Kermit: Because we got a match. Those infinity guys um.....Shaodw and ....god what's his name.....

JE: Hardy.

Kermit: Yea, Hardy. Time to stick it to em right?

JE appears concerned.

JE: Kermit. They no showed, the match is called off.

Kermit: Huh? Why?

JE shrugs

JE: Don't know man.

Kermit laughs.

Kermit: We scared em off! They were too chicken shit to take us on buddy! This calls for a celebration!

Kermit pulls out a small bottle of Jack Daniels from his gym bag. He opens it up and takes a deep drink before offering the bottle to JE.

Kermit: Come on, have a toast to our victory.

JE stares at the bottle, face slowly showing the signs of anger.

JE: No thanks.

Kermit: That's cool, more for me.

JE grabs the bottle out of Kermit's hand.

Kermit: Hey!

JE: I know you're smarted than that Kermit! Just because Hardy and Shadow no showed doesn't mean we are out of the woods. I we can't fight them in the ring, then we are jsut gonna have to fight them out of the ring. And I want you sober for that.

Kermit groans

Kermit: Fine.

JE starts to leave the locker room

Kermit: Hey! Can I have that back? For after we kick some Infinity ass?

JE looks at Kermit with a bit of disgust before throwing the bottle in the trash. He leaves the room.

Kermit: (mutters) Asshole.

Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:00 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Tex: And now, a long-awaited rematch...

Cain: Too right; Titanium Insomniac versus Matt Strikmore was undoubtedly one of the matches of the year in 2006. Let's hope that this second encounter lives up to the first one.

The drum beats of "Battle of One" start as white lights strobe to the beat. The guitar riff starts, and blue strobes join the white lights.

Sammy Eubanks: The following contest is scheduled for one fall...introducing first, from Wildwoods, New Jersey...weighing in at 220 lbs...he is the winner of the Majestic Cup Tournament and the TCW TRANSCONTINENTAL CHAMPION....MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATT STRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As the singer screams, Matt Strikmore makes his way through the entrance way. Wearing long brown tights with blue details, Matt rolls his neck before heading down the ramp. There's very little fanfare, just the occasional slapping of a fans hand without looking away from the ring. Sliding under the bottom rope, Matt quickly jumps back up to his feet before lightly jogging in place while shaking out his arms.

Tex: Matt Strikmore is still in his rookie year, but he's made an incredible impression since his time here. He overcame the entire roster to win the Majestic Cup, not least of whom was the Insomniac himself.

Banter: This retard should run away right now, while he still can. He only got lucky against TI last time.

Cain: Usually I'd disagree with you on something like that, but Strikmore's victory last time these two met can be at least partially attributed to a sound error that caused Darkness's music to play just as TI was about to powerbomb him into the casket for the win.

Tex: Nonetheless, there's no doubting this kid's heart and tenacity - he beat Darkness, Drakus and DeSean Blackwell to win the tournament final, he beat Highone for the Transcontinental Title he wears around his waist and the fact is that he's yet to be pinned.

The drums of P. Diddy's 'Come With Me' kick in as the arena goes dark. A weathered sign along a graveled country road appears on the screen with the words 'Welcome to Bedlam' carved into it.

The guitars kick in, we move to quick shots between riffs. The shots alternate between footage of TI in the ring and black and white art film clips. The clips are disturbing, somewhat incoherent. They only make sense to the one who filmed them.

Sammy: And his opponent...from St. Louis, Missouri...weighing in at 267 lbs...he is a member of INFIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINITY and the TCW BLEEDER CHAMPION....THE TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITAAAAAAAAANIIIIIIIIIIUM IIIIIIIIIIINSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMNIAC!!!!!!!!

"Hear my cry, hear my call
Lend me your ears, see my fall"

The stage opens. Strobe lights flash as Titanium Insomniac rises from beneath, his Bleeder Championship belt gleaming around his waist.

"Know I'm lacking, backtracking
Where I met you, pistol-packing"

The clips continue to roll: TI puts an opponent through a table, a woman screams in melodramatic terror, TI smashes someone's head with a chair, a centipede crawls over a man's lifeless face...

"Tell me lies, Time flies
Close your eyes, come with me"

TI lingers at the top of the stage for a moment, surveying the crowd as the orchestra crescendoes. He finally starts toward the ring, a cocky swagger about him. He knows he is dangerous because he doesn't care. If he were to die tonight, it wouldn't matter.

He climbs through the ropes and smirks at his opponent as red and blue police lights flash above the ring.

"Not many would bear the pressure,
You comprehend me,
You musn't end me,
You offend me, it's trauma,
Feel the drama, come with me."

TI removes his trenchcoat as the lights come up. He removes the belt from his waist and studies it for a moment before handing it over. He looks across the ring and smiles a sadistic smile. It's time for bedlam once again.

Tex: The Insomniac looks as ready as ever - this time he's out for revenge against the young man standing with him in the ring though, and I can't help feeling that that's going to be an important factor.

Cain: Without a doubt. But revenge can inspire you, or it can distract you. The winner is the one who pins his opponent for the count of three, not the one who hurts the other guy the most. Often the latter naturally follows the former, but if TI is too obsessed with redemption, he may unwittingly give Strikmore a chance to steal the win.

Banter: You're all talking about TI like he's a normal wrestler; this guy is, like, a super-genius. He's not going to let anyone trick him into messing this up.

TI stands motionless in the ring, his iron gaze fixed on Strikmore who, unlike the last time they met, doesn't seem in the least bit afraid of the face-painted Infinity member. Strikmore begins roll his arms and, as the bell rings, begins to circle. TI does likewise and the two lock up. For a few seconds there is a struggle, but after a short time, the larger man begins to overpower the rookie. He muscles Strikmore towards the ropes and the referee forces them to break.

Tex: The Insomniac takes advantage early on; he has the size and strength advantage.

TI backs off, but slaps Strikmore across the face when his guard is down. The crowd ‘ooooh's, but Strikmore immediately responds with a much harder slap of his own, that actually causes TI to stagger a few steps to the left.

Banter: Whoa! That was uncalled for!

Cain: TI slapped him first, Banter.

Banter: So?

Strikmore let's TI compose himself as he returns to the middle of the ring and offers another lock-up. They do so, but Strikmore quickly gets the advantage with a swift fireman's carry into a reverse chinlock. TI claws at Strikmore's hands, but then sees another way out and edges his foot towards the ropes. The referee forces Strikmore to break the hold, but TI reaches up and rakes his eyes as he stands.

Tex: TI may not be fair, but he's definitely smart - he's pulling every dirty trick in the book so far.

Banter: Dirty? C'mon, there's nothing wrong with anything he's done so far. You're just biased, Tex.

Tex: Well I'm not sure about that...

As Strikmore stumbles back, holding his face, TI moves in with a right hand that floors him. The rookie rolls straight back up, but TI locks in a sleeper hold. Strikmore struggles back and forth before heaving TI off his feet and dropping to the mat. The Sleepless One rolls off him and then on to his feet, only for Strikmore to bring him down with a drop-toe-hold.

Cain: Strikmore is a consummate mat wrestler. TI needs to be careful; it only takes one mistake for someone like Strikmore to take advantage.

Strikmore proves Cain's point as he pulls TI into a bow-and-arrow. He holds his victim in the air for as long as possible, but TI's weight eventually gets the better of him and, after a short while, he is forced to release him.

Tex: Strikmore can't rely on strength to win this match, but the damage has been done to the Insomniac's back and midsection by the looks of things.

TI places his hand on the small of his back as he tries to climb to his feet, but Strikmore immediately darts in with a double-axe-handle to the damaged body part. TI hits the mat hard, but Strikmore doesn't let up and grabs TI's leg, pulling him over into a half-crab.

Banter: I can't believe the referee is allowing this to continue!

Tex: What?

Banter: It should be clear to anyone that TI's back is injured and Strikmore is...is...working it over!

Cain: I think you're confusing cheating with actual wrestling Banter. Which isn't unusual for you, but I didn't realise it worked both ways.

Strikmore continues to wrench in the half-crab, but TI grits his teeth and tries to reach for the ropes. He pulls himself closer and closer, but Strikmore cinches in the hold and drags him back to the middle of the ring. TI pulls himself up, trying to resist the pain of the submission and then finally begins to twist until, eventually, he manages to turn his body and roll Strikmore right over. The TC champion retains the hold though and turns it into a legbar.

Tex: Strikmore is holding on for dear life, but this hold isn't going to affect TI's injured midsection...

TI lifts himself up and pummels at Strikmore's face with heavy right hands. Strikmore holds on as long as he can, but eventually the punishment from the Sleepless One causes him to release the legbar and he rolls off. TI stands slowly and drills Strikmore with a clothesline as the other man rises.

Cain: TI relies on his strength to escape the hold again, and now he begins to take advantage...

TI lifts Strikmore to his feet and whips him into the corner. He follows his opponent in with an elbow and then stomps him down. The referee moves in and TI allows Strikmore to stand, but crouches low and then delivers a jawbreaker. He goes for a quick cover...

One...

Two...kick out!

Cain: The first pin attempt of the match, but it's not enough.

Banter: I think that was a slow count - it should have been over right there.

TI nails another few right hands and then lifts Strikmore up into an inverted atomic drop. Strikmore staggers off, and TI comes back with a knife-edge chop as the young man rests against the ropes. Strikmore responds in kind though.

Crowd: WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

TI whips Strikmore across the ring and brings him down with a spinebuster on the way back. He hooks the leg as the two of them crash to the mat...

One...

Two...

Th...another kick out!

Tex: And that was right on the line there! Strikmore is holding on...but just barely...just barely...

TI seems unfazed by Strikmore's tenacity and hauls him upright. He floors him with a biel throw and holds on, wrapping an arm around Strikmore's head and reaching for his free arm.

Cain: TI is looking for The Sweet Irony!

Tex: If he locks this in, it could be all over!

Strikmore resists, pulling his arm out of TI's reach and struggling for the ropes. He can't reach them, but TI is unable to lock in his signature hold while Strikmore is pulling away from him, and so drops to the mat, bringing Strikmore down hard. He turns over into a lateral press and covers again...

One...

Not enough!

Strikmore's chest is heaving as he lies on the mat. TI lays in a couple of stomps and then lifts him up into a scoop slam. Quickly, he moves to the corner and climbs up to the second rope, flying off with a fistdrop to the prone form of the TC champion, only for Strikmore to roll out of the way and for TI to crash ineffectually to the mat.

Tex: That may be the opening Strikmore needs - if he can capitalise on this change in momentum, he could score another huge upset!

Banter: Oh no, this is just a minor setback I think you'll find...

Strikmore rolls up to his feet and then immediately goes after TI. He hooks his arms and legs and tries to heave TI off the mat.

Banter: What the hell is he doing?

Cain: It looks like he's trying for the Undertow...

Strikmore lifts TI off the mat with the modified rocking-horse manoeuvre, but he doesn't have the strength left in his arms to hold him up for long, and is forced to release his larger opponent. Hopeful however that he's done enough damage, Strikmore rolls TI over and tries for a pin...

One...

Tw...kick out!

Tex: Strikmore didn't have enough there - he's going to need to use his wits and quickness to finish off a bigger, stronger opponent like TI.

TI is still down, his missed aerial move apparently having taken quite a toll on him, and Strikmore lifts him to his feet. He executes a short-arm kitchen sink, and holds on as TI sinks to one knee in order to pull him into a gutwrench suplex.

Cain: Strikmore is going back to work on that injured midsection, but if he wants to make TI submit, he's not going to find it easy.

Banter: I told you he should run while he had the chance!

Strikmore attempts another cover...

One...but TI rolls his shoulder off the mat.

Strikmore gets up and hits off the ropes, coming back with a dropkick to TI as he tries to stand. TI falls against the ropes, but manages to haul himself up as Strikmore charges and back-body-drop him over the top ropes.

Tex: Oh...no, Strikmore finds his feet on the apron!

TI, thinking Strikmore has tumbled to the floor, walks to the centre of the ring and turns around just in time to see his young opponent springboard off the top rope and floor him with a huge flying clothesline. Strikmore immediately covers...

One...

Two...

Thr...no! TI kicks out!

Tex: And that was two and seven-eights for sure! I thought Strikmore had it won right there!

Banter: Are you kidding me? It's a miracle Strikmore isn't eating through a straw right now - TI is obviously going easy on him!

Strikmore wastes no time lamenting the two-count, immediately backing off and allowing TI to stumble groggily to his feet. As the face-painted man turns, Strikmore hooks him up into an Argentine backbreaker...

Tex: Here it comes! He calls it the "Morey's Pier Plunge"....

Banter: He can call it what he wants; it still ain't gonna happen!

Banter is right for once as TI manages to swing himself off Strikmore's shoulders by using his near arm as a fulcrum. He lands on his feet and hooks the other arm, pulling Strikmore up into the air and then down into The Teardrop!

Banter: Yes!

Cain: Strikmore put up one hell of a fight, but this one is over...

TI pins...

One...

Two...

Thre...Strikmore kicks out!!!

Tex: My God! My God! Strikmore just kicked out! He kicked out of The Teardrop!

The crowd is rabid as TI stares at the referee in disbelief. Strikmore looks barely conscious as TI picks him up, but suddenly he spins around his leg and pulls him down into a schoolboy...

One...

Two...

But TI rolls over and grabs Strikmore around one arm again, yanking him to his feet. He locks in a second full nelson and, with a roar of fury, drives him into the mat with a second Teardrop.

Banter: Die already!

TI stands and stares down at the fallen Strikmore with naked rage in his eyes, but he holds in his anger and covers. This time there is no doubt in his expression as the referee counts the pin...

One...

Two...

Three!!!

Sammy Eubanks: Here is your winner...THE TIIIIIIIIIIIITAAAAAAAAAAAAANIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIUM IIIIIIIIINSOOOOOOOOOOOOOMNIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAC!!!!

Tex: He did it - the Insomniac gets his redemption and hands Strikmore his first pin, but, by God, it took him two Teardrops to do it...

Cain: It was an amazing effort by Strikmore, but this time he didn't quite have enough.

Matt begins to stand in the ring looking at TI both men are exhausted after their hard fought battle. Matt holds his title and eyes it, he slings it over his shoulder and reaches his hand out looking for a handshake.

Cain: What show of respect from Matt Strikmore.

Banter: Looks like he's mocking TI myself...

Tex: What are you talking about? This is a classy move from Strikmore!

Before Insomniac can do anything, one of his stablemates enters the ring.

Cain: Now what?

Banter: It's the Technician!

Tex: Dammit!

The dammit comes from the fact that DeSean just attacked Strikmore from behind. TI shoves DeSean out of the way which causes the fans to cheer but instead TI joins in on the attack which makes the fans boo. They put the boots on the TC champion, then DeSean grabs Strikmore's head and hits the death drop.

Cain: Death Drop!

DeSean hovers over Strikmore and trash talks him he then picks up Strikmore and places between his legs, he lifts Strikmore up and lets him hang down, DeSean then drops down on his knees.

Banter: Hangman's DDT!

DeSean taunts the lying Matt Strikmore and grabs the TC title, he raises it in the air, he then slings it over his shoulder while the fans boo. He and TI both leave the ring leaving Matt hurt in the middle of the ring.

Cain: That's not his belt!

Banter: Possession is 9/10 of the law!

Cain: My ass it is, that's not DeSean's belt and I'm tired of Infinity taking things that don't belong to them.

Tex: Trust me kid this isn't over in a longshot

Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:01 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

The arena lights cut out. As the opening notes of "Kerosene" play, a few red lights illuminate the arena. On the tron, black-and-white images of rural squalor flash -- boarded-up storefronts, rusted cars on garbage-littered front lawns, old bums in stained shirts on their porches drinking malt liquor from bags, bloated dead animals on the side of the road.

Sammy Eubanks: Ladies and gentleman, the following contest is tonight's main event, and it is a tag team match scheduled for one fall...introducing first...the special guest referee...

<i>"I was born in this town, lived here my whole life.
Probably come to die in this town, lived here my whole life.
Never anything to do in this town, lived here my whole life.
Never anything to do in this town, lived here my whole life.
Probably learn to die in this town, lived here my whole life." </i>

The images continue, becoming a series of shots of one run-down house with peeling paint in the middle of a vast, empty expanse. Shots of the inside show piles of disintegrating old magazines, cigarette-burned carpet, an ancient TV with a cracked screen and piles of moldy dishes in a disgusting, roach-infested kitchen.

<i>"Probably come to die in this town, lived here my whole life.
There's kerosene around, something to do.
There's kerosene around, she's something to do.
There's kerosene around, find something to do
Kerosene around, SET ME ON FIRE!" </i>

Suddenly the black-and-white image of the old house is obliterated by a burst of flame that becomes a wall of fire. In front of the entrance, pillars of flame shoot up from the ground. A large man, head draped in a ragged black cloth, emerges between the pillars of fire, grunting and snorting smoke.

Sammy: ......DRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKUS!!!!!

Tex: Man, I have a hard time even looking at this guy after what he did...

Banter: Hey now...I mean...

Cain: What?

Banter: Uh...I can't really defend a guy who paralysed someone...

Tex: No you can't. It's disgusting, and the fact that Dante might have to lose his titles as a result is...is...it's Goddamn disgusting, is what it is. It's a travesty that he's a part of this match and it's a travesty he's part of this company. I know there's all this talk about legal loopholes and no one in the German police force seems to want anything to do with it, but Drakus is a convicted felon as it is, and he ought to be locked up with the key thrown away, quite frankly.

Cain: I can't help but agree.

<i>"Set me on fire, kerosene.
Set me on fire, kerosene.
SET ME ON FIRE, KEROSENE.
SET ME ON FIRE, KEROSENE.
SET ME ON FIRE!" </i>

Climbing into the ring, Drakus removes the cloth from his head, streches both arms and unleashes a primal scream of rage. The reaction of the crowd to Drakus is thunderous, but everyone in the arena is booing rather than cheering. The special referee seems totally unfazed by 30,000 people screaming their hatred at him.

Tex: The fans feel the same way as the rest of us, it seems. Drakus is a loner anyway, but he's a pariah backstage now and it's a miracle someone hasn't tried to attack him. Dante has been pretty unpopular in his time, but over the last year he's turned into a completely different person.

Cain: And even if he hadn't, no one deserves what happened to him.

"Mother" begins to play as the view cuts to the door of Darkness's locker room.

<I>Mother
Tell your children not to walk my way
Tell your children not to hear my words
What they mean
What they say
Mother... </I>

It opens and he steps out, the camera pans out, showing that the door to the locker room is framed by half a dozen members of DanteCorp Security. Darkness nods to them and steps out into the corridor, the guards quickly falling into step as the camera follows Darkness's progress from a couple of feet in front of him.

Tex: And what is going through the mind of this man tonight? The NHFC have proved their dominance, but now they're assailed on all sides by enemies.

Cain: Drakus being in the same ring can't be anything except a distraction, when Darkness needs to concentrate on beating Infinity.

<i>Mother
Can you keep them in the dark for life
Can you hide them from the waiting world
Oh mother... </i>

From immediatley to the left, Acid Misfit steps into frame and begins to walk beside Darkness.

<i>Father
Gonna take you daughter out tonight
Gonna show her my world... </i>

After walking down several corridors, Darkness and Misfit -escort in tow - reach the Gorilla position and the two pause for a few seconds as the anticipation of the crowd reaches fever pitch.

Sammy: And their opponents...

<i>Oh father...</i>

A huge, blinding pyro erupts from the stage as the lights in the arena turn a shade of deep red, and Darkness and Misfit both stand on the stage, slowly they begin to walk to the ring.

Sammy: Representing the NEEEEEEW HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLFIIIIIIIIIIIIIRE CLUB....at a combined weight of 433 lbs...DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARKNEEEEEEEEESS AND THE ACIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISFIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<i>Not about to see your light
But if you wanna find hell with me
I can show you what it's like
Till you're bleeding... </i>

A second pyro shoots from the sides of the stage as they proceed down the ramp, ignoring the thunderous reaction of the crowd to their presence.

Tex: The NHFC added a new member to their ranks tonight in the form of Stephen Hawthorne, who was formerly known as DeadZone, but that's got to be the last thing on Darkness and Misfit's minds as they step into the ring with the man who crippled their leader.

Banter: I'm no fan of these dudes - I'll pick Highone and DeSean over them any day, but if I had it my way, Drakus wouldn't be anywhere near this match. I don't want the NHFC going ‘round saying Infinity only beat them cos they were distracted!

Cain: Well, it's a very real possibility. Darkness and Misfit, for my money, might be one of the most formidable teams in the history of pro. wrestling, but even the most focused wrestler in the world can't keep a level head in a situation like this.

And if you wanna find hell with me
I can show you what it's

Mother
Tell your children not to hold my hand
Tell your children not to understand
Oh mother

Father
Do you wanna bang heads with me
Do you wanna feel everything
Oh father... </i>

As the team make their way to the ring, flames of pyro run down either side of the ramp, framing them in billowing fire.

I can show you what it's like
Till you're bleeding

Not about to see your light
I can show you what it's
Yeah! </i>

They climb into the ring, and Darkness immediately approaches Drakus, squaring up to the larger man without a hint of fear. Misfit stands uneasily behind his partner, waiting and watching. As Darkness's steely gaze bores into Drakus, the behemoth slowly smiles and jabs a finger in Darkness's chest. Inaudible words are exchanged, but Darkness doesn't move an inch.

Tex: You have to admire this man's self-control. I think if I was in his position I'd be kicking Drakus's ass right about now.

<i>Motherfuckers -
say that I'm foolish I only talk about jewels (bling bling)
Do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it?
See I'm influenced by the ghetto you ruined
That same dude you gave nothin, I made somethin doin
what I do through and through and
I give you the news - with a twist it's just his ghetto point-of-view
The renegade; you been afraid
I penetrate pop culture, bring 'em a lot closer to the block where they
pop toasters and they live with their moms got drop roasters from botched robberies niggas crouched overmommies knocked up cause she wasn't wached over knocked down by some clown when child support knocked no he's not around tnow how that sound to ya, jot it down
I bring it through the ghetto without ridin 'round
hidin down duckin strays from frustrated youths stuck in they ways
Just read a magazine that fucked up my day
How you rate music that thugs to nothin relate to it i help them see their weight through it not you cant step in my pants cant walk in my shoes bet everything your worth you lose your tie and your shirt </i>

Sammy: And their opponents...at a combined weight of 482 lbs...they are members of INFIIIIIIIIIIIIIINIIIIIIIIIIITY....HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHONE AND ‘THE TECHNICIAN' DESEEEEEEEEAN BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKWEEEEEELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Highone and DeSean appear on the stage, The Technician carrying the stolen Transcontinental Title and one half of the Tag Titles, throwing crotch chops to the booing crowd as rapidly strobing lights and images of strippers, shots being poured and Infinity members stepping out of limos appear on the Twistedtron.

Banter: Aww, these guys always cheer me up!

Tex: Well, Drakus's actions may have taken the edge of Infinity a little, but these guys are getting increasingly despicable too. They've got a bunch of titles that they didn't win...

Banter: Oh come on, it was only a matter of time before those belts ended up around Infinity member's waists.

Tex: Highone lost the Transcontinental Championship fair and square. Blackwell and Shadow lost the Tag Championship fair and square and JE sure as hell doesn't deserve to have his first title stolen from him!

<i>Since I'm in a position to talk to these kids and they listen
I ain't no politician but I'll kick it with 'em a minute
Cause see they call me a menace; and if the shoe fits I'll wear it
But if it don't, then y'all'll swallow the truth grin and bear it
Now who's these king of these rude ludicrous lucrative lyrics
Who could inherit the title, put the youth in hysterics
Usin his music to steer it, sharin his views and his merits
But there's a huge interference - they're sayin you shouldn't hear it
Maybe it's hatred I spew, maybe it's food for the spirit
Maybe it's beautiful music I made for you to just cherish
But I'm debated disputed hated and viewed in America
as a motherfuckin drug addict - like you didn't experiment?
Now now, that's when you start to stare at who's in the mirror
and see yourself as a kid again, and you get embarrased
And I got nothin to do but make you look stupid as parents
You fuckin do-gooders - too bad you couldn't do good at marriage!
(Ha ha!) And do you have any clue what I had to do to get here I don't
think you do so stay tuned and keep your ears glued to the stereo
Cause here we go - he's {*Jigga joint Jigga-chk-Jigga*}
And I'm the sinister, Mr. Kiss-My-Ass it's just a... </i>

Highone and DeSean cavort up the ramp, showing off their stolen belts and drawing even more negative reaction. In the ring, Darkness has not moved an inch from his position opposite Drakus.

<i>RENEGADE! </i>

The chorus of "Renegade" fades out as the Infinity team enter the ring and ascend turnbuckles on opposite sides of the ring. Pyros go off, as they throw more crotch chops and then jump down to the canvas. Misfit watches them warily, but Darkness seems completely oblivious to their presence. Without warning, DeSean charges Misfit and brings him down with a forearm to the back of the head. Highone barrels into Darkness, and Drakus steps neatly away, signalling for the bell to be rung.

Tex: Oh, so Infinity are free to just sneak attack their opponents and Drakus rings the bell like it was a test of strength.

Banter: Well, they should have been watching Highone and DeSean to be fair - you can't start off a match by having a staring contest with the ref.

Darkness suddenly rallies, rolling up to his feet and driving at Highone with rights and lefts. Misfit too comes back with elbows to DeSean's gut and climbs to his feet. Together, the two NHFC-members fight Highone and DeSean to the ropes, whereupon they both back up and charge with simultaneous clotheslines that send Infinity tumbling to the floor outside.

Tex: The NHFC have cleared the ring already!

In unison, Darkness and Misfit then vault over the ropes, using their bodies as weapons against their opponents, and everyone tumbles into a heap on the floor.

Banter: Well that was quick...

Drakus saunters towards the ropes and seems to consider making a count, but then shrugs and leans nonchalantly on the ropes. Darkness is the first to rise and rolls DeSean into the ring, as Misfit smashes Highone's head against the apron and leaves him to go to his corner.

Darkness begins with a chop to DeSean's chest, and then whips him across the ring. On the way back, he buries a knee into the young man's gut, before bringing him down with a short-arm clothesline and going for a pin...

One...

And DeSean kicks straight out.

Cain: Not enough from Darkness that time, but Drakus seems content to count the pins, unlike his performance as guest referee last month...

Tex: Like I said before, Drakus is a loner - he's certainly no fan of the NHFC, but he's not on Infinity's Christmas card list either. I think the way he sees it, the worst he can do for these guys is officiate a match where one team loses. Either team.

Banter: He doesn't give a damn, in other words?

Tex: Right.

Darkness pulls DeSean up and whips him into the corner. He follows in with a charge, but DeSean manages to rake his eyes and then comes back with a chop to Darkness's chest, followed by a snapmare. He locks in a sleeper to the seated Darkness, but the NHFC-member quickly fights his way out of it and flips DeSean over his shoulder and down into the mat. Quickly he drops an elbow, and then tags in Misfit.

Tex: Quick tags from the NHFC. Boy, I tell you, these guys have really meshed as a team already. They're both about the same size, Darkness has that martial arts style and Misfit is a real brawler, but they can both fly and they're both excellent technical wrestlers.

Cain: Yeah, Infinity have their work cut out for them here - former World Champions, Misfit is a former two-time Tag Champion, and Darkness's record speaks for itself.

Misfit is in the ring, and he executes a snap suplex before pinning DeSean...

One...

And Highone is in to break it up. Drakus makes no move to stop him.

Banter: Well, I like his style of officiating at least.

Tex: Drakus didn't bother with a ten-count earlier, and he's not doing anything about Highone getting illegally involved. It looks like this match might as well be no-DQ because the referee is only interested in everyone beating the crap out of each other!

Highone lays in right hands to Misfit and then grabs a handful of his red-dyed hair and pulls him into a belly-to-belly suplex. He slides out of the ring and allows DeSean to make the pin...

One...

Tw...kick out!

DeSean lifts Misfit and gets a few forearms, before bringing him down with a scoop slam. He then stomps his opponent down and drops an elbow, before dragging him across the ring and tagging in Highone.

Tex: The Infinity team may be about to take control here. Darkness and Misfit need to keep the pressure on them because, love or hate these guys, they're both possessed of a lot of ingenuity and talent.

Cain: No doubt. Remember, Highone has held every belt currently defended in TCW with the exception of the 411fed and ECF World's Championship.

Banter: What about the Aftershock title?

Cain: He held it when it was named the European Championship in the old 411fed.

Highone drops an elbow of his own, and the brings Misfit into his own corner. DeSean holds him around the neck as Highone lays in knife-edge chops. Drakus once again does nothing, and Darkness refuses even to protest, instead just trying to rally the crowd behind Misfit, which they promptly do. Highone brings Misfit out of the corner finally and nails a gutwrench suplex. He holds on and spins into a cover...

One...

Two...

But Misfit is able to kick out!

Cain: Highone gets a near-fall there...there's so much emotion in this match, so many issues floating around, that it's hard to make any sort of guess as to what the result is going to be.

Tex: One thing we haven't mentioned is that, announced hometown aside, Darkness is effectively the hometown hero here in his native United Kingdom. I wish he could get the recognition for that that he deserves, but there's just so much more going on, that being the local boy has to be the furthest thing from his mind.

Highone locks in an armbar and Misfit tries to struggle out. He grits his teeth and clenches his fist as he resists the pain and the fans quickly get behind him as Darkness thumps the turnbuckle in his corner. Inch by inch, Misfit pulls himself up to his feet and, when he finally reaches his vertical base, he pulls back and hiptosses his way out of the old with a bellow of exertion.

Cain: An impressive counter - Misfit's tenacity is as impressive as ever.

Misfit dives across the ring and tags in Darkness, who immediately climbs the turnbuckle and tries to come off with a clothesline, but Highone is up too quickly and cuts him off with an axe-handle to the gut. The Infinity member clubs Darkness down and grabs a butterfly hold. He attempts to lift him into a suplex, but Darkness resists and flexes backwards, lifting Highone up and over and down into a bridge...

One...

Two...

Highone pushes himself up off the mat, bringing Darkness - still with his arms hooked - with him.

Tex: Amazing strength and agility from Highone!

He twists around so Darkness is in position for the suplex again, but this time he heaves his opponent up and drops him down into an underhook powerbomb before parcelling him into a cover...

Cain: Great tiger driver from Highone; that's not a move we've seen from him before, but it has just the element of surprise he needed to pin Darkness.

One...

Two...

Th...and Darkness kicks out just in time!

Tex: Ignoring counts and cheating aside, Drakus really is calling this one down the middle. I'm pretty surprised by that, but it's something to be grateful for I guess.

Highone pulls Darkness up into a front-facelock and drags him to his corner where he tags in DeSean. The young man hops into the ring and, as Highone lifts Darkness's arm to expose his abdomen, DeSean punches him in the gut. Darkness staggers, but Highone holds him up and DeSean joins him in the front-facelock and they drill Darkness with a double-DDT.

Banter: That's the way to stop him! He can't take this forever!

Tex: I wouldn't be so sure of that - Darkness has taken some incredible punishment before and still emerged victorious.

Highone returns to his corner as DeSean makes the cover...

One...

Two...

Kickout!

DeSean grabs the ropes and lifts himself into the air to land a knee on Darkness's temple, then locks in a reverse chinlock, but Darkness grabs the back of DeSean's head and sits out into a jawbreaker that sends The Technician staggering back. He groggily stands and turns around to take a swing at DeSean, but his opponent ducks the attack and kicks Darkness in the gut. He flips him up onto his shoulders...

Cain: DeSean could be looking for the Hangman's DDT!

Darkness is suspended in the air for a second, but suddenly flexes back and takes DeSean down with a hurracanrana. The young man is flipped halfway across the ring and Darkness charges the corner, ignoring Highone and kicks off the turnbuckle, performing a moonsault that uses his own body like a missile as he barrels into DeSean.

Tex: Amazing! He didn't even use the ropes!

Darkness is now right by his own corner, and he tags in Misfit, who charges into the ring and covers DeSean...

One...

Two...

And the pin is suddenly broken up by Highone diving across the ring and smashing Misfit on the back with a double-axe-handle. Suddenly Darkness is in the ring and, as Highone stands up, the Infinity member gets superkicked right on the jaw and falls flat on his back, apparently unconscious, to roll onto the apron.

Misfit is up, and, as Darkness returns to his corner, he slams DeSean down and points to the turnbuckle.

Cain: It looks like Misfit may be signalling for the Blitzkrieg Drop, and if he hits it, this one is going to be all over.

Misfit walks to the corner and slowly climbs up. When he reaches the top turnbuckle, he spreads his arms and pumps up the crowd.

Banter: You've got to be kidding me - he'll never hit him from there!

Tex: I'm tempted to agree with you; DeSean is three-quarters of the way across the ring.

A ‘Misfit' chant begins as the former champion claps to psyche the fans up and, after quickly crossing himself, he throws himself headlong across the ring and drives his own skull into DeSean's body.

Tex: My God! He made it! He just flew twenty feet across the ring!

Misfit covers...

One...

Two...

Thre...and out of nowhere Highone breaks up the pin again!

Banter: Yes!

Cain: Infinity are still in this! Highone somehow managed to shrug off that superkick and make the save!

Highone stands groggily as Misfit rises to meet him and he kicks him in the gut before turning and Irish whipping him into the corner from which he just jumped. The force causes Misfit to stagger forwards, in obvious pain, and Highone throws himself at him, nailing a powerful strike to his chest that knocks the NHFC-member to his knees. Highone circles and then hits a series of martial arts kicks that send Misfit to the mat.

Tex: The Tiger KO! Misfit might be finished!

Cain: He will be if DeSean can capitalise, but right now he's still feeling the effects of that Blitzkrieg Drop.

Misfit and DeSean are both down as Highone dashes back to his own corner and holds out his hand for the tag. Darkness is likewise begging for a tag, but Misfit is completely out of it. DeSean pulls himself up and slowly inches his way towards Highone, but suddenly he's halted by a grip on his foot. Misfit, apparently moving on pure instinct, has his arm wrapped around DeSean's leg. He pulls himself towards The Technician as the crowd begins to come alive, and DeSean attempts to fight him off. The two of them begin to exchange exhausted blows and slowly get to their feet.

Tex: Misfit still has some life in him...DeSean needs to bring him down so he can make the tag to Highone!

DeSean does exactly that, elbowing Misfit to the canvas, but Misfit manages to trip him with a drop-toe-hold as he falls, bringing DeSean down face-first onto the mat. Misfit struggles forward reaches out to tag Darkness, but now his opponent is holding him back. Misfit elbows DeSean in the mouth, sending him rolling away and then jumps forward, tagging in Darkness to a big cheer.

Cain: And now Darkness is in!

Banter: So is Highone!

Tex: But not legally - not that Drakus will do anything about it.

Highone charges at Darkness, but is met by a Shadowed Wizard. He tumbles to the mat as Misfit hauls himself to his feet and points some instructions to his partner. Darkness grabs the back of Highone's head and runs him over the top rope, sending him stumbling to the floor. Immediately, Misfit races across the ring and throws himself outside with a vaulting body press to Highone.

Cain: DeSean is the legal man...Highone and Misfit are both down and out! Darkness is signalling!

The Technician staggers to his feet as Darkness draws a thumb across his throat. The young man turns slowly to meet a kick to the gut, gets pulled into a front-facelock and then spun 180 degrees at break-neck pace...

Tex: DARKNESS DDT! DARKNESS DDT!

Darkness kips-up to his feet after hitting his finisher and, for just a moment, stares a hole in Drakus. He kneels and pins DeSean, daring Drakus not to count the fall. The huge man smirks, but drops to the mat and begins to count...

One...

Two...

Drakus's hand hovers, and it seems like he's giving DeSean one last chance to piss off his enemy...

Three!!!

Tex: This one is over! A huge victory for the NHFC over Infinity!

Sammy Eubanks: Here are your winners....DAAAAAAARKNEEEEEEEEEESS AND THE ACIIIIIIIIID MIIIIIISFIIIIIIIT!!!!

Darkness doesn't allow Drakus to raise his hand as Misfit climbs back into the ring. On the outside, Highone stands and, with a look of furious anger, grabs the stolen belts from ringside. He drags DeSean out under the ropes and supports him as the defeated team make their way up the ramp. In the ring, Drakus watches his foes for a moment longer, but then turns away and swings himself out to the floor.

Cain: Darkness and Misfit perhaps gain some measure of satisfaction tonight, but nothing they can do is going to heal their stable mate. It must be a bittersweet moment for these two men.

The two warriors in question stand in the ring as ‘Mother' continues to play and seem to be waiting for something. The crowd suddenly cheers as the three figures of Acolyte, Freya and Stephen Hawthorne appear on the stage. The remaining members of the NHFC make their way to the ring to join their stable mates and the five of them assemble, Darkness standing to the fore. They look at the Twistedtron as the music fades out.

Tex: What do you think this is about?

The Twistedtron flickers to life after a few seconds of silence and blackness. On the screen is a man who causes the fans to rise to their feet and cheer.

Jason Dante is sitting in a wheelchair, tied to it so he won't fall out of his rolling prison. He looks for all intents and purposes like a living dead in his cripple state. Even though the scaffolding that kept his neck fixed during the time it was broken has been removed he looks smaller the normal.

Cain: Folks this is a sad sight, but it looks like Dante is about to answer the question Bruce asked at the top of the show. Sadly, this is the moment we may be about to see the end of a great world title reign.

The cheers die down as the fans see their hero's paralysed state and his saddened face. A small "Dante, Dante, Dante" chant rolls through out the arena but it dies down as Jason Dante begins to speak.

"I've faced a lot of difficult situations in my life, I have been both the villain and the hero, the sinner and the saint and the rebel and the oppressor. Right now I'm neither."

The crowd buzzes, as they have no idea what to make of this appearance and of Dante's words.

"I didn't think it was possible for me to feel more sad then when I temporarily lost Selenia, or when I had to help Darkness back to health after Drakus..."

A strange metallic and bitter tone sneaks into Dante's voice as he says the name of the man who attacked him and snapped his neck.

"..Attacked him just as he has now attacked me. Naturally Drakus would have expected me to strike back and to claim revenge, but he took the cowards way out and put me in a wheelchair for the rest of my life. The doctors tell me that I am lucky to still be able to breathe on my own and that improvements are extremely unlikely."

Another "Dante" chant starts.

"This of course means I will have to officially retire as a TCW wrestler and leave the federation and the friends I have gained here behind. As I do this a fair few will rub their hands in glee at the chance of getting hold of my titles, but they know nothing about the clause in my contract that state that in the case that me being unable to fulfil my obligations as the 411fed and ECF World's Heavyweight Champion, I can pick my successor or set up a match to determine that successor as champion. And..."

Dante smirks.

"...that is exactly what I Intend to do to make sure that the New Hellfire Club gets its revenge!"

The crowd cheers as Dante's words ring out over the arena.

Tex: What?! It looks like Dante found a third option!

"Whoa whoa whoa, I don't think so..."

In the ring, a frown creases Darkness's face and the sound of the voice that comes from off-screen. Stiffly, Dante turns his neck, and a look of surprise and anger passes over his features. Suddenly, the image of him is obscured by that of a sweating Highone, who grins at the camera.

Tex: What the hell is this?!

DeSean is visible behind Dante's wheelchair too as Highone reaches down into Dante's lap and lifts a silver object and a gold one up before the Champion's face.

"Ah...the World Titles. The only accolade that is still to elude me in this business..."

Cain: I don't like the looks of this...

Darkness's face is suddenly clouded by fury as he watches Highone taunt Dante.

"Sadly, it seems like I'm not going to get the chance to beat you for them like I deserve," Highone continues, "and there's no way you're going to weasel your way out of a match with me by appointing one of your cronies as a successor..."

Tex: A match with him? Where does Highone get off on thinking he's in line for a title shot?

Banter: Highone is <i>always</i> a contender, Tex.

"Hey, Highone," DeSean grins as he leans over Dante, grabbing the handles of his wheelchair, "I don't think this guy is in any condition to fight..."

"You're right, man." Highone turns to the camera and starts rubbing his chin in mock consternation. "Dante's a cripple, so he can't fight, which means he has to give up his belts to...well...me..."

Tex: How does he work that out?

Jason's sockeye-red lips snarl at the suggestion that Highone might somehow have a title shot.

"I've never backed down from a fight before!" the world champion relplies.

"Oh, trust me Jason, I'm counting on that quality," Highone smirks.

"And what makes you so confident that you'll even get a chance at this?" Dante looks down at the world championships on his lap, "I seem to recall you being on a mild losing streak at the moment. Hardly the path to contendership... "

"I always thought you were more of a far-sighted, big-picture kind of guy, Dante..."

"I call ‘em how I see ‘em, Highone. You think Stern is going to give you a shot?"

The aspiring champion leans in close, his face only a matter of inches away from the albino's.

"Yes Dante," Highone coos, "you see much. Yet for all your wisdom you have not clarity of thought. Who have you faced twice and never beaten? WHO pinned you 1-2-3 for your Bleeder Championship at Bedlam '05? WHO LEFT YOU IN A BLOODY HEAP WHILE THE REF COUNTED YOU OUT THE LAST TIME?!?!?"

His face grows more and more red with each sentence. Sensing the anger rising within himself, Highone backs off and takes a deep breath.

"No Dante," he continues, "I do not think our beloved commissioner is going to give me an opportunity to wrestle for your title....that's why I'm TAKING it for myself. Belfast has been long known as a place where the seeds of rebellion flourished. It will be no different when TCW stops there for our upcoming Pay Per View....APEIROPHOBIA!!!"

Tex: What the hell is he talking about?

The NHFC standing in the ring look just as confused as everyone else at Highone's strange display of vocabulary.

"You don't know what that is? Well let me tell you: the fear of Infinity. You see, while Stern's booking might be questionable, her sense for business isn't...."

Dante's lips twist with contempt, "And?

"Infinity will have complete autonomy at Apeirophobia. From top to bottom, we've put together a card we think EVERYONE will enjoy....well, everyone who despises those not aligned with our little book-club. Friendships will be tested with every ounce of blood drawn and trust me, you won't be the only one defending your championship..."

Jason sits there in confused silence, as do quite a few people in the audience. There had been a collective gasp at the mention of Infinity having complete control over the federation's next event.

Suddenly, the stage is filled by the remaining members of Infinity, all armed with various foreign objects, who make a wall between the NHFC and the entrance to the backstage area.

Cain: Uh oh...

"So why even wait?" Highone continues with a grin, "What's the point in waiting all that time till <i>our</i> pay-per-view to watch Dante forfeit his titles to me? Oh, did I forget to mention that bit? I have a title shot, and you have to fight...which means you have to lose. In other words, those belts are already mine!"

Tex: So, after stealing every other belt they have no right to, it looks like Highone is going to give us a repeat performance? Care to defend your buddies stealing from a paralysed man, Banter?

Banter: Um...I...uh...

Highone yanks the World Titles away from Dante and plants them on his own shoulders as the crowds boos intensify.

"You coward," Dante spits from the prison of his chair, his face a mask of rage.

"Whoa, what did you say?"

"I called you a FUCKING COWARD!"

Tex: Folks, I've got to apologise for that language there...but I also have to agree with the World Champion's sentiment, quite frankly.

Highone's face clouds over and he gives DeSean a short nod. The young man leans over, and begins to unbuckle the straps that hold Dante in place.

Cain: Oh my God...

Tex: What the hell is this...?

In the ring, Darkness wastes no more time, vaulting right over the top rope and breaking into a sprint up the ramp. Acolyte and Freya follow him with equal speed and Misfit and Hawthorne take up the rear. Infinity advance to meet them and, Darkness, all his attention focused on what is happening to Dante, is floored by a blow from the Titanium Insomniac's cane.

Cain: Infinity still have those damn rings that seem to mess with Darkness's head - it looked like he never even saw TI coming.

Acolyte barrels into Hammer, but the former boxer slams a fist into his stomach. Freya and Misfit try to fight their way through the scrum, but are repulsed by Infinity's weapons as Hardy swings a steel chair into Misfit's skull and Shadow floors Freya with a baseball bat. Hawthorne tries to make it through, but TI takes him down with the cane too.

On the Twistedtron, DeSean holds the limp form of Dante up as Highone slaps him around the face. "A coward am I? Am I? You think I'm a coward?!"

He takes a step back and then drills Dante with a roundhouse that sends the paralysed man sprawling to the floor.

Tex: This is sick. This is just sick...

Darkness is back to his feet on the stage and redoubles his efforts to reach his friend, but Infinity continue to hold him at bay. His face is contorted in a snarl of rage as he watches the defenceless Dante being stomped down by Highone and DeSean.

Cain: Darkness can't get through...he can only watch. Oh goddamnit, this is disgusting.

Highone raises the stolen belts above his head and turns to the camera, but suddenly someone comes from behind and sends him sprawling. A flash of gold braids and cold grey eyes is the only indicator of the sudden assailant.

Tex: Who the hell is that?

Infinity and the NHFC fall apart on the stage and all turn to look at what's happening on the Twistedtron. Highone staggers away from the mysterious attack, and then backs off with DeSean at his side. The two of them move away as Dante is hauled up to his feet and returned to his chair. His face is covered with bruises, but his colourless eyes are fixed on his mysterious saviour. The pale figure steps back, letting his black and gold braids settle on his scarred shoulders. His gunmetal-grey eyes regard the NHFC's leader silently.

Cain: That...that's...The Accidental Genocide...otherwise known as Joyride. He made a big impact in the Road to Glory last year, but he hasn't been seen since...

The crowd and the brawling wrestlers on the ramp seem equally confused by the strange figure's appearance.

Tex: I remember he teamed up with some of the guys who would go on to form Infinity in the Road to Glory, didn't he? What do you think this means?

Cain: I have no idea, but it looks like Joyride saved Dante from an even worse beatdown...but Highone still got away with the World Titles...

<center>The house lights cut out and the TwistedTron flickers to life. A pair of synthesizers are accompanied by a standard drum kit. Freddie Mercury's voice breaks the silence as the exterior of the Oddysey Arena in Belfast, Ireland...the site of TCW's next Pay Per View. Queen's "Show Must Go On" kicks in...

Empty spaces - what are we living for?
Abandoned places - I guess we know the score.
On and on...
Does anybody know what we are looking for?

*...Jason Dante standing in the center of the ring, victorious, after his last successful title defense fades to his broken frame after Drakus' backstage assault...*

Another hero another mindless crime,
Behind the curtain in the pantomime.
Hold the line...
Does anybody want to take it anymore?

*...fades into a close up of Highone grinning with a background of smoke...*

The show must go on!
The show must go on!!! Yeeeeaaah!

*...fades into a concerned Selenia looking over her fallen lover...*

Inside my heart is breaking,
My make-up may be flaking,
But my smile still stays on...

*...fades into DeSean laying out a series of opponents with his trademark Singapore cane...*

Whatever happens I'll leave it all to chance.
Another heartache another failed romance.
On and on...
Does anybody know what we are living for?

*...fades into a bloody and broken Strikmore clutching the Transcontinental Championship...*

I guess I'm learning,
I must be warmer now.
I'll soon be turning round the corner now.
Outside the dawn is breaking,
But inside in the dark I'm aching to be free...

*...fades into static shots of Titanium Insomniac delivering the Sweet Irony, David Hardy hitting a perfect D-K-O, and Hammer flooring one of his many victimes with the Jihad kick...*

The show must go on!!!
The show must go on - yeah!

*...fades into stock footage of Darkness and Acid Misfit...*

Ooh inside my heart is breaking,
My make-up may be flaking,
But my smile still stays on.

*...a quick slideshow of video featuring Freya and Deadzone...then Kermit and JE...*

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairy tales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

The show must go on - yeah!
The show must go on!!!

[b]*...the images of PD and Duo superimposed over a background Shadow, arms crossed...*

I'll face it with a grin,
I'm never giving in,
On with the show!

*...an Elimination-like structure, except rusty with hanging nails and jagged corners...*

I'll top the bill,
I'll overkill,
I have to find the will to carry on!

*...more slideshow video of Shi, Kid, Pyro, Mr Acceptable, and Acolytce...*

On with the...
On with the show!

The show must go on!!!

APEIROPHOBIA... THE FEAR OF INFINITY...
</center>

Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:02 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]