[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - TCW Friction from Vancouver, BC (May 29 2007)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 TCW Friction from Vancouver, BC (May 29 2007) 
Can thou not hearest? Let me turneth it up!

Post TCW Friction from Vancouver, BC (May 29 2007)
<center>Image
We are the Willing

Led By The Unknowing

Doing The Impossible

For The Ungrateful

We Have Now

Done So Much

For So Long

For So Many

With So Little

We Can Now Do Anything

With Nothing At All

I wish I would've met you
Now it's a little late
What you could've taught me
I could've saved some face
They think that your early ending
Was all wrong
For the most part they're right
But look how they all got strong
That's why I say hey man nice shot
What a good shot man
A man
Has gun
Hey man
Have fun
Nice shot
Now that the smokes gone
And the air is all clear
Those who were right there
Got a new kind of fear
You'd fight and you were right
But they were just to strong
They'd stick it in your face
And let you smell what they consider wrong
That's why I say hey man nice, nice shot
What a good shot man
A man
Has gun
Hey man
Have fun
Nice shot
I'd say
Nice shot

*FWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSH!*
*FWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSH*
*FWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSH!*
*FWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSH*
*FWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSH!*
</center>

<center><i>Dark night nothing to see
Invisible hand in front of me
Scared to death there's someone near
Scared to move but you can't stay here
You know me, evil eye
You know me, prepare to die
You know me, the snakebite kiss
Devil's grip, the Iron Fist
Flying horse don't make a sound
Flying hooves don't touch the ground
Walk in circle lose you track
Can't go on but you can't go back
You know me etc.

Moon eclipse and you know why
Ghost rider in the sky
Beast of evil devil's hound
Tooth and claw they pull you down
You know me!</i>

Image Image Image Image Image Image</center>

TCW Commissioner Valerie Stern is out on the ramp, flanked on either side by her Special Enforcer, Bruce, and The Southern Wrecking Crew: Mr. Acceptable, James Hawk, Frank Hayes Jr., and Stevie Strong. She has a mic in her hand.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to another exciting edition of TCW FRICTION!"

She pauses as the crowd cheers.

"Tonight, I have a few announcements to make, and they all pertain to ENDGAME! Tonight, I'll reveal the championship matches for Endgame, and I'll also be informing everyone of some new rules we have around here!

First off: David Hardy, Aftershock Champion. Your recent showings have been quite impressive! You're not only putting asses in seats, but you're making more and more of those asses jump out of their seats and cheer for you. At Endgame, you'll be facing... William Shamrock!!"

The crowd boos at the mention of Shamrock's name.

"But that's not all! Some of these new rules pertain to the Aftershock Championship, so Hardy, Shamrock: You'd do well to listen carefully! All Aftershock title matches will now be triple threat matches! And, if the champion should lose the title to a challenger, he can activate an immediate rematch clause for the next show, allowing him a chance to regain his belt. That's the after part. The shock is when he realizes that he has no idea who the third challenger in the triple threat match will be!
To that end, the Aftershock Championship match at Endgame will be a triple threat, between Hardy, Shamrock, and... a third opponent they won't find out about until the show!"

The crowd cheers some more, appreciating the excitement the changes will mean.

"Now, Kermit, our Bleeder Champion! I'm not quite sure what's going on in your head lately... but the recent brutality has shown me and the fans that you really understand what the Bleeder Championship represents. The Bleeder rules remain the same: That title is on the line any time you bleed. So sleep with one eye open! At Endgame, you'll be facing someone I know you'll want to get your hands on, and someone who I know is dying to get her hands on your belt... Freya!!"

The crowd erupts loudly, rooting for Freya.

"DeSean, you were very smart to go outside your group and pick Matt Strikmore as your tag team partner. I almost thought that we didn't have anyone who would stand a chance against you two... But Mr. Acceptable proved me wrong. At Endgame, you'll both be taking on a mean couple of upstarts... JE and KID!"

The crowd's reaction is mixed, as they're not entirely sure how to feel about the two brothers.

"Of course, your night won't end their, Strikmore. You're also our reigning Transcontinental Champion, and that means you'll have another match at Endgame! But first, a couple of changes. Your winning streak has rubbed off on me a little, and considering some of the past ECF Transcontinental and 411Fed Intercontinental champs, we've decided that the TC title is a good way to bring back some real wrestling to the game! All Transcontinental Championship matches will now have a more pure wrestling stipulation applied to them: Iron Man, Submission, Mat Wrestling Rules... You get the idea! And at Endgame, you'll be facing..."

Bruce leans over, whispering something to Stern.

"You're right, Bruce. Matt, your TC challenger will introduce himself to you later this evening!
Now, onto the World title situation..."

The crowd cheers, chanting Jason Dante's name.

"Yes, Jason Dante. Holder of the 411Fed and ECF World Championship belts, winner of the Road to Glory match, one of the longest surviving members of the sport. As you all know, Jason is able to pick his own opponent, and he'll be doing so at the end of the show tonight! So if any of you boys backstage want to plead your case, your time's running out!"

Stern's music hits again as she drops the mic, heading backstage with Bruce and the Southern Wrecking Crew. The crowd cheers some more, still chanting the name of the World Champion...

Wed May 30, 2007 4:14 am
Profile E-mail WWW

Image</center>

"My name is Anthony Smith, but most of you might know me better as Atomic Welfare," the young man begins as he sits in front of the textured red background. "I'm one of the newest faces around here, so I guess it's sort of arrogant for me to expect a title shot so soon. All I'll say though is this: I'm an unknown quantity. None of you have seen half of what I can do in the ring yet, and all I need is one chance to prove myself."

Welfare holds up a finger to punctuate his sentiment.

"One high profile match, and the whole face of this promotion changes: a rookie World Champion in the form of me, Atomic Welfare. Dante's beaten everyone else - all that's left is the new kid on the block. So, Jason, if you're watching; it's time to have the guts to make the dangerous choice. Take the leap of faith and give me my shot at your World Titles."

<center>Image Image
</center>

Eubanks: For our first match of the evening, allow me to introduce....

"Free Bird" begins and Atomic Welfare walks out, carrying a flag. The fans cheer the newcomer as his pyro blasts and he enters the ring.

Eubanks: Hailing from Boston, Massachusetts... ATOOOOMIIIC WEELLLFAAARE!

Eubanks: And introducing his opponent...

"Rock This Town" rocks the speakers and the crowd cheers for another newcomer. Aaron Keening hurries down the ramp and slides into the ring.

Eubanks: From Tucson, Arizona... AAAAROOOON KEEEENIIIIING!!

The ring bell chimes and the match is on.

Tex: Both these boys are lucky to be crowd favourites so early in their careers here.

Banter: Phooey on them.

Cain: And it's on!

Atomic has Keening locked up and is looking to toss the smaller man around the ring. Keening is too quick, however, and manages to escape. He lands a running neckbreaker on Welfare.

Tex: That looks like it hurt!

The big guy is back up and running at his opponent, sending Keening flying into the ring ropes. As Keening bounces back, Atomic hits him with a military press, and Keening crashes to the mat!

Atomic drops down, climbing on top of Keening, and begins a flurry of punches. The ref breaks it up and Atomic allows Keening to regain himself slightly.

He then launches into an attack, looking for a clothesline. Keening ducks, giving Atomic a quick kick to the gut followed by a leg sweep. The big man is down on the mat.

Cain: He'd better capitalize on that!

Keening does, going for the pin, but Atomic isn't weakened enough yet, and tosses Keening off him. Keening hurries back at Atomic, but the bigger man wins out, shoulder pressing Keening down to the mat.

Atomic pulls Keening up and tosses him into the corner. He then charges at Keening, his head and shoulder coming first.

Tex: This is gonna hurt and BY GAWD KEENING DODGES!

Quickly leeping out of the way, Keening manages to avoid Atomic's attack, and Atomic flies head-first into the turnbuckle! Keening pulls him back and grabs him under his arm!

Cain: The Staccato!!

Keening goes for the pin and the ref dives in.

3!

Tex: Keening goes home a winner tonight!!

<center>Image</center>
JE is shown sitting in front of a textured red background. Over his shoulder is slung an unfamiliar title belt.

"Yeah, there's a lot of speculation about who Dante will pick to be his challenger at Endgame. A lot of names are being thrown around, but I'm here to tell you that there's only one logical choice."

JE lifts the silver championship belt with its red, white and black mottled strap.

"This is the FWRFed Revolution Championship. It was given to me because I, JE, am the consummate company man. I'm the one who's willing to make the sacrifices to do the right thing for the guy who employs me and writes my paychecks. That may not be important to a man like Jason Dante or his buddies in the New Hellfire Club, but I think it's important to all the people at home who are bringing home the bacon for their kids. I'm a man of the people, and what's more I'm a man of the company. Jason Dante thinks he can run around with burning pentagrams in his videos and weird guys with swords following him everywhere - well he should put his money where his mouth is. I'm an everyday guy, not a Satan-worshipping freak, and if he wants to be the big man with his own ideas about what pro. wrestling means then I'm the guy he has to beat. I'm a former Aftershock Champion, and I'm FWRFed's biggest star - JE is the hottest thing in professional wrestling today. Whether he can admit it or not, I'm the man to beat, and he should give me a shot at his World Titles if he has any balls at all."

Wed May 30, 2007 4:38 am
Profile E-mail WWW

Image</center>

The Technician seats himself in front of the red background and immediately places his Tag Championship belt on his shoulder.

"See this?" he asks, not bothering with any preamble, "this is one half of the TCW Unified Tag Team Championship. It means that I'm half of the top team in this industry. It isn't the first time I've held this belt, because I'm consistently one of the top tag team wrestlers in the world. You know this is true."

He nods as he slides the tag belt off his shoulder and then continues, his voice growing steadily more earnest.

"But I'm not here to talk about that. See, I'm may be a legendary Tag Team Champion, but I've been screwed out of my chances at singles titles time and time again. The truth is that I've yet to prove myself when it comes to holding singles gold. People might tell you that the way things work is that you move up through the ranks...Aftershock Title...Transcontinental Title...and finally the World Title. Well that might work for other guys, but I'm going to buck the trend. See, I've been here a while now; I've proved myself time and time again during my time with Infinity. No one wants this more than me. No one deserves it more than me. I've paid my dues, I've fought in some of the toughest matches imaginable, and it's high time I was given my just reward. At Endgame, Jason Dante knows that he should be defending his World Titles against The Technician. That's all I got to say."

DeSean stands up and walks out of shot.

<center>Image Image Image
</center>

JE, KID, and Mr. Acceptable all stand together in the ring. The crowd seems puzzled. KID holds up a mic.

"I know all of you good people were expecting a match tonight... But I'm afraid we can't deliver on that!"

The crowd grows more puzzled.

"You see, a couple of weeks ago, I'd be pumped and ready to fight my brother here--"

KID pats JE on the shoulder.

"-- but now, we've both come around. And with help from a vet like Mr. A here, nothing's going to stand in our way! At Endgame, we've been given a chance to win the TCW Tag Team Championship! I know some people think it's a long shot... Hell, even I think so! But with my brother and our mentor at my side, I believe we can do anything! At Endgame, we will walk away as the Tag Team Champions!!"

The crowd cheers for KID, and the brothers give a quick hug, then shake hands with Mr. Acceptable.

Tex: It looks like a new alliance has really come together here!

<center>Image</center>

Kermit sits in front of the red background. He looks agitated and there's something wild in his gaze. The Bleeder Title is clutched in his arms, held diagonally across his chest.

"Why should I get the title shot at Endgame? Simple answer. Dante knows me. He knows what he and I have been through. He knows that I'm the Bleeder Champion and what that means. He held this belt too, I'm told. It's a bloody road to the top, right, Jason? And there's no more bloody road than for a man who holds this belt. Dante has bled to defend his titles, and he's bled to become the only Grand Slam Champion in TCW history - but he's never bled like me; and he's never bled in the ring the way I've made him bleed out of it."

Kermit cracks a demented looking smile.

"Face it, Jason, you know I'm the guy who's the real thorn in your side. You've fought a lot of big, bad bastards - Hammer, Insomniac, Highone, Darkness, Acid Misfit, Lance Canada - but no one's taken you to the edge like I have."

He leans forward and his manic grin grows larger.

"The folks watching at home may not know it, but I've done things to you that your other opponents can't imagine. You know how dangerous I am. You know why I want this match; what I've lost and what I intend to regain. At Endgame, I'm the man you should give the World Title shot to. You owe me that much, you son of a bitch."

Wed May 30, 2007 4:47 am
Profile E-mail WWW

Kermit steps out of his locker room backstage. He still has his now-trademark haunted look and he has dark shadows under his eyes. Over his shoulder is the Bleeder Title, still as blood-spattered as ever.

Cain: Where's Kermit off to?

"Nice belt."

Kermit rounds on the shape lurking in the shadows, and it slowly resolves itself into a shady-looking man with dirty blonde hair and a long brown trench coat. His face looks worn and haggard, but there's a strange twinkle in his eye that makes him somehow likable. He smokes a stubby roll-up.

Tex: That looks like TCW's newest signing, the man who calls himself Subway Jack!

Banter: He looks like a bum.

Cain: I think he is...

"Who the hell are you?" Kermit asks.

The stranger drops his cigarette and stubs it out with one toe. "Nobody you know, pal."

"So what do you want?" The mad glint in Kermit's eye doesn't seem to make the odd figure flinch away as it does others.

"Not much. Your reputation precedes you though, Kermit Gambono. I though I should check you out."

"Oh is that so?"

The stranger seems about to reply but instead he goes down hard from a belt shot as Kermit slams the Bleeder Title into his skull. Kermit stomps him down as he tries to fight back from the floor.

Tex: Kermit is insane! He's just gone crazy on this guy!

Kermit laughs maniacally as he retrieves his belt and then turns away, but he walks right into a solid wall of grey muscle.

Cain: Uh oh...

Kermit steps backwards as the camera pans up and takes in the immense size of the hooded Cage, who cracks his knuckles loudly. It sounds like tree branches being snapped in two.

Banter: Seriously, he's a massive grey monster...am I the only one who sees this?

Suddenly, Elsie appears from off-screen, leaping onto Kermit's back. Cage looks unsure of what to do as Kermit tries to hurl her off, until he finally succeeds and she lands bodily on the concrete floor with a high-pitched ‘oof'.

Cain: That might have been a mistake by the Bleeder Champion...

A huge grey fist descends from above and smashes Kermit in the face, sending him careering into a wall. By this time Subway Jack is on his feet and rubbing one hand across his stubbled jaw. Cage steps past him and Jack's eyes fall on Elsie. With a grin he reaches out a hand which she takes.

"Thanks..."

"Hey, no problem, sweetie. I hate to see a woman in peril. How about you and I..."

A roar causes Jack to turn and he only just manages to roll out of the way of Cage's grip. The monster reaches for him again as Elsie flees and Jack throws her a winning smile that seems to cut through the grime on his skin. "Another time, honey."

Tex: I don't think Cage likes Subway Jack's style very much.

Banter: He seems like a stand-up guy to me.

Cage reaches for Jack again, and this time manages to pick him up, lifting him high into the air and wrapping his arms around him in a mighty bear hug.

Cain: At this rate, Subway Jack isn't going to be in any shape to compete in his debut match.

Kermit suddenly flies form nowhere, wielding his belt as a weapon again and smashing it into Cage's shoulder. It has no discernable effect and so Kermit attempts a new tactic, aiming a kick at the back of his knee and staggering the giant. Cage releases Jack, who tumbles to the floor, as he turns around, walking right into a dropkick.

Tex: Kermit is taking the fight to Cage, who has been involved in altercations for the Bleeder Title several times over the past few month or two.

Cage stumbles backwards and falls over, nearly crushing Subway Jack who just manages to roll away in time. Kermit dives atop the behemoth and begins laying in punches and kicks, but Cage extricates himself with a roar and throws Kermit through the air into a wall.

Subway Jack has the Bleeder Title in his hands now and he tries to decide between his targets as Cage pulls himself to his feet. Deciding on the logical course of action, he instead attacks Kermit, slamming the belt into Kermit's skull as he stands up.

Cain: Oh no! It looks like Kermit has been busted open!

A trickle of blood does indeed appear on the Bleeder Champion's forehead as he falls to the ground. Subway Jack discards the title and leaps on top of Kermit.

Banter: He seems like a great guy, but he's not too smart - there's no ref!

Cage reaches a hand out and grabs Jack by the back of his coat, hauling him into the air to land in a heap. Kermit staggers up, dabbing at his head and grimacing at the blood on his fingers. Seeing his opportunity, Cage casts around for a weapon, but only one suitable implement comes to hand.

Tex: Now this is certainly innovative...

Cage lifts Jack up by the legs and, as Kermit gets to his feet, he swings the rookie into the Bleeder Champion, leaving both men in an ugly pile.

Cain: Duo seems to have demolished his opponents. If he can find a referee, we might be looking at a new Bleeder Champion!

Duo lifts the semi-conscious Subway Jack off Kermit and leans down, but is suddenly staggered as the mobster lifts his foot and drives it into Cage's crotch. Kermit rolls upright and grabs a handful of the giant's hair before leaping up and driving him face-fist into the concrete.

Tex: A modified DDT!

Kermit retrieves his belt, looks around for any further assailants and then makes his escape.

Cain: Kermit makes another run for it! The Bleeder Champion just took out his opponents for tonight's match!

<center>Image Image
</center>

Eubanks: Ladies and gentlemen, this next match up is scheduled for one fall. Introducing first...

"Money talks" plays and the fans shower the newcomer William Shamrock in boos and jeers as he walks to the ring. He strides towards the squared circle ignoring the crowd that seems to have a wish for his demise on their minds. He grins as he steppes between the ropes and soaks in the reaction by the unwashed mainstream fans.

Eubanks: Currently in the ring from Cold Spring Harbor, New York, weighing in at 220 punds...This is William SHAAAAAAMROOOOOOOCK!

Shamrock raises his hands at the announcement of his name and soaks up a few more boos he couldn't care less about.

As "Money Talks" fades out the fans buzz slightly as the strange opponent of Shamrock is about to make her way to the ring.

Eubanks: And his opponent.

Tourniquet by Evanescence plays as a young woman who looks almost scared walks out, she has her arms wrapped around her frame as she walks by a mostly silent and puzzled crowd, only a few boos and few...very few cheers echo as her theme plays.

Eubanks: From Arthur, Nebraska...weighing in at 114 pounds, MYRA TRIIIIIIIIIIP!

She almost jumps as Eubanks delivers her introduction to the still almost completely silent crowd.

Tex: Oh my...this girl looks like she has walked into the wrong lion's cage.

Banter: There is a right one to walk into?

Tex: Not for this girl there isn't. Shamrock is a accomplished wrestler, he has skills our lost rookie girl has no clue of.

The bell rings as Shamrock disrobes, Myra on the other hand just takes off her jacket and her sweater and stare at the man opposing her almost dumbstruck.

DING DING DING!

Tex: There is the bell folks...we're off.

Shamrock lands a quick and brutal clothesline on Myra.

Banter: Looks like this will be a short one.

Shamrock grabs Myra by her hair and with a grin on his face he hooks her head and swings her up into the air and the down again with a suplex.

Cain: Myra seems to be in pain.

Banter(grinning): Can't say I blame her.

Shamrock continues on the war path and stomps on Myra's arm and thus keeps the woman on the canvas. As she cradles her arm, Shamrock grabs a front face lock and grinds his arm into her throat making breathing difficult.

Tex: The referee warns Shamrock about that choke hold of his.

Banter says nothing, he only yawns.

Cain: What could have caused Shamrock to take a shine like this to poor Myra?

Banter: Cause? He wants a damn win, that's the only reason he damn well needs.

Shamrock stops choking Myra and instead whips her into the corner, making her back bounce off the turnbuckles.

After a pause, Shamrock charges the by now dizzy woman and comes crashing into her with a clothesline.

Banter: Personally, I think Shamrock is taking a bit too long to finish this, this goth chick should be easy to finish off.

Cain: Need I remind you that she lasted longer then anyone anticipated in the road to glory?

Banter: Y-awn! So she did, dodging won't work against Shamrock that I assure you.

Shamrock follows the clothesline with a series of chops and then by mistake he aims too high and hits Myra on the nose.

Tex: Good GAWD! Shamrock has drawn blood.

Shamrock looks at the small amount of crimson on his hand and then up at Myra, as his eyes meets hers he almost flinches as he sees a pure bloodlust in the gothic girl's eyes.

Tex: Myra has gone ballistic!

Myra throws punch after punch, her onslaught isn't scientific and she doesn't give a damn if she hits or misses, she just swings for the wish to hurt Shamrock. The blows themselves aren't strong or powerful but she gets the job done. As Shamrock staggers back more from surprise then from actual pain, she bounces off the ropes and leaps. Her elbow hits Shamrock in the jaw staggering the rich man.

Myra hooks Shamrock's head and tries to deliver her DDT finisher.

Cain: Myra is going for the Guilt Tripp!

Shamrock reverses the DDT and rolls Myra up.

KICKOUT!

Myra gets to her feet, eyes still radiating blood-lust and kicks Shamrock in the gut. Shamrock however blocks the kick and swings her around, whips her to the corner and charges after her.

Tex: Myra got out of the way!

Shamrock bounces off the turn-buckle having hit his head on the corner and as he staggers around Myra hooks his head and delivers the Guilt Tripp.

3!

Tex: Myra won it! Myra won it!

Banter: That she did...but Shamrock...Shamrock owned this match.

Cain: Yeah, he did until he got Myra to bleed. He woke up a sleeping monster when he drew her blood.

Banter makes a comment about women and blood but thankfully it gets bleeped.

Eubanks: The winner of this match...MYRA...TRIIIIIIP!

Tex: Well Myra won this one, but Shamrock showed that he has the goods to play at this level, I very much doubt that this is the last we see of these two.

Cain: I doubt that this is the last those two see of each other!

Banter: And when they meet up again, no blood will stop Shamrock. He has proven that he can bounce back, he has the assets to be a true star, unlike Little Ms. Munchkin here.

Shamrock gets to his feet as Myra leaves ignoring the cheers she gets. The look on Shamrock's eyes speak of revenge and pay back.

Cain: Now that is one man Myra will have to look out for from now on!

Tex: True words indeed.

Everything goes all black & white and choppy like an old nWo promo.

Look here's the Hammer!

All black and whiteness.

We then zoom to the corner of the leftside...

And there lies a body...

All black and white.

Except for the...

BLOOD

Hammer: "Don't mess the OMG, bitch..."

<center>Image</center>
David Hardy sits calmly in front of the red background. He leans forward and begins to speak in a low voice.

"I don't need to tell you people watching at home who I am. You know my story. You've watched me tear this place up for years now. But, in case you've been living on the moon, my name is David Hardy. I was a member of the Vicious Circle, which changed the face of the 411fed. I was one half of the RoXoRz, who changed the face of tag team wrestling in North America. Finally, I was an integral part of Infinity, a group that changed the dynamic of TCW forever."

Hardy lifts the Aftershock Title up.

"I've held almost every Championship Belt in this promotion. I've been the Tag Team Champion, I was the Intercontinental Champion and I even unified it with the ECF Transcontinental Championship. What's more, I'm your current Aftershock Champion, and I've brought more prestige to this belt than any other holder in history. I'm a legend in this business."

He stares into the camera lens.

"But, after all is said and done, there's one thing I haven't done yet. Despite all my accolades, I've never even had a chance to win the 411fed and ECF Unified World's Heavyweight Championship. I've been a major player for long enough now; I've beaten everyone and their brother, but not once has my name been up in lights at the main event of a pay-per-view in a match for the World Title. It's time for Dante to recognise the contender that's right under his nose, the man who almost won the Road to Glory earlier this month, the man who has been one of his major rivals for the last year in Infinity. Face it; I'm all he has left. And the difference between me and some of the others who've tried to wipe that smirk from his pasty face is that I'm going to succeed. Like it or not - and I know most of you won't - David Hardy is going to be the next World's Heavyweight Champion."

Wed May 30, 2007 4:52 am
Profile E-mail WWW

Image</center>

The disgruntled Muslim Megastar grimaces at the camera in front of the red background.

"You don't need to hear my side of this story. I've been here long enough. I'm an ECF legend, a former Tag Champion, E-Champion and two-time Transcontinental Champion. I've had my shots at the World Title: I took Darkness to the limit this time last year and, at Stranglehold in 2006 I nearly destroyed Dante. There ain't many other guys who can say they did that. In fact, I don't think there's anyone else who's come as close as me to kicking the NHFC's collective ass."

Hammer grins, but the smile doesn't touch his eyes.

"More to the point, my contract runs out after Endgame. If you value competition, Dante, if you give a damn about keeping the guy who came closest to beating you for those belts in this promotion and giving the fans matches like the Hell in a Cell we had at Stranglehold, then you'll do the right thing and you'll give your greatest rival a title shot at Endgame. That's me; Mutaaz "The Hammer" Tareef."

<center>Image</center>

Matt smiles and hefts his two title belts onto his shoulders as he seats himself in front of the red background.

"Dante's a little weird, to be honest. But he's a pretty strong champion, and he's a great wrestler. I'm already the Transcontinental Champion and one half of the Tag Champions, so I guess it'd be a little greedy for me to want a shot at the World Titles too. Still, it'd be a good match, wouldn't it? Nice back and forth action and stuff."

Strikmore trails off and then just shrugs. "I guess that's it. Thanks."

He stands up and walks out of shot.

The camera shows a view of a corridor backstage and, to one side, a door opens. Moments later, Matt Strikmore walks into shot and the crowd in the arena pops loudly at the sight of the Transcontinental and Tag Team Champion who is wearing the former belt around his waist and the latter slung over one shoulder.

Cain: Strikmore is making his way to the ring to what will surely be a very high profile match.

Banter: It'd be much better if DeSean didn't have this retard riding off his coat tails and he could take on those NHFC clowns on his own. That'd show everyone where the real talent in this team is!

Strikmore rounds the corner and the camera follows him as he suddenly steps into shadows.

"Hey, what the hell...?"

"Matt Strikmore."

Strikmore turns around and there, standing against a wall, his face shrouded, stands Darkness. The crowd cheers loudly again.

Tex: Now what's this all about?

Darkness steps forward. "You're in my way, Strikmore," he says softly.

"I am?" Strikmore sidesteps and holds his arm out. "There you go then."

Darkness cracks a smile, but then his prosthetic hand shoots out and grabs Strikmore around the throat.

"Hey...hey...what...c'mon..." Strikmore's words fade as Darkness locks his hand again. He pulls the TC and Tag Champion closer to him.

"You're in my way. I don't want to hurt you."

"Well...you're not doing...a great job...of that..."

Darkness releases his grip and sends Strikmore stumbling back against the opposite wall of the corridor. Matt rubs his throat which already bears an ugly read mark from Darkness's mechanical grip.

"Twice you've been the recipient of my help, Matt Strikmore."

"Huh?"

"But not again..."

Darkness turns away for a moment and Strikmore follows his gaze. Too late he sees the danger approaching as, from nowhere, Drakus appears, spearing him right into the wall and sending plaster raining down.

Cain: Oh my God! It's Drakus!

The leviathan bears Strikmore down to the ground with his spear and pounds fists into his skull, quickly rendering the double-champion insensible.

Darkness looks down at his fallen opponent. "Not again," he murmurs a second time.

Drakus straightens and, for a moment, he and Darkness look at one another.

Tex: What the hell is this? Did Darkness set Strikmore up? Is he working with Drakus?

Cain: I find that very hard to believe...

Darkness nods almost imperceptibly and then walks away, leaving Drakus standing over the broken shape of Matt Strikmore.

The camera cuts back to the ring where the stunned fans wonder how the next match will now proceed. Sammy Eubanks looks a little worried as he raises his microphone...

<center>ImageImage ImageImage
</center>

Sammy: The following non-title tag team contest is scheduled for one fall...introducing first...

The whole arena goes black for a few seconds, on the Twistedtron the words The Technician appear on screen. The lights begin to flash blue and gold back and forth, the beginning of AFI's Miseria Cantare begings to play.

<i>Love...Your Hate...Your...Faith loss...
You...Are Now...One...of us
Love...Your Hate...Your...Faith Loss...
You...Are Now...One...of us </i>

The drums begin to vibrate throughout the entire arena

Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all

Sammy: From Greensboro, North Carolina...weighing in at 223 lbs...he is a member of INFINITY and ONE HALF OF THW TCW UNIFIED TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS.... "THE TECHNICIAN" DESEEEEEEEEEEEAN BLAAAAAAAAAAAACKWELL!!!!!!

DeSean walks out wearing his trademark blue hoodie. With Singapore Cane in hand He walks slowly down the ramp, head up, talking trash to the fans in attendance. With the ROH title slung across his shoulder, he crosses his hands while he stands on top of the steel steps, he then walks across the apron.

<i>Radiate, recognize one silent call

As we all form one dark flame... Incinerate! </i>

Tex: Well I have no idea what's about to happen. I guess I just have to say that maybe you should be careful what you wish for, Banter.

Banter: I wish fifty strippers would come out to the announce table and dance for me...

Cain: Nope, doesn't seem to be working this time.

Banter: Damn.

As incinerate is shouted, DeSean flips the hood back and out stretches his arms. He jumps on the top rope and back flips in. In one motion, he pounds his fist on the mat and points to the sky, blue and gold pyro goes off in the background.

As the music ends, he climbs the ropes and puts his fist in the air showing off the Infinity ring.

The crowd waits expectantly, wondering if Strikmore will emerge despite the attack they witnessed moments ago, but their question is soon answered as "Blood Red Summer" begins to play instead.

Sammy: And...uh...his opponents...first...from Oxford, England...weighing in at 143 lbs...she is a member of the NEW HELLFIRE CLUB...FREEEEEEEYA GREEEEEEEEEEEN!!!

Freya walks out as her music plays and gold pyro rains down on her, but she looks uncertain.

Tex: Freya looks like she doesn't want to be a part of this match.

Banter: Naturally she's scared of DeSean...

Tex: I meant that she's uncomfortable with the idea that this may have become a handicap match.

Freya rolls into the ring where DeSean is waiting for her. The Tag Champion doesn't look in the least bit concerned that he may be facing two members of the NHFC alone.

<i>A LIGHT...IN THE BLACK...? OR JUST A FEAR...OF THE DARK....</i>

The crowd surges to their feet as "Fear of the Dark" begins to play and, a short while later, the trademark pyro blasts out of the entrance, temporarily blinding anyone who was watching. Darkness walks calmly through the flames, walking slowly to the ring as more pyro erupts on either side of him.

Cain: Darkness came second in the Road to Glory last week, losing out to his own stable mate, the World Champion Jason Dante.

Tex: This guy has found himself a vicious streak a mile wide, it seems. We could be about to see a match that's nothing short of a mugging.

Darkness dives into the ring and immediately charges DeSean, bringing him down with a spear. He lays in right hands. Freya jumps into the fray, tugging Darkness away from DeSean. He rounds on her and she takes a step back, but refuses to be cowed by the shadowy warrior.

The bell is rung as Darkness reluctantly steps from the ring and Freya and DeSean lock up. DeSean quickly overpowers the much smaller woman, driving her back against the ropes, but Freya ducks underneath her opponent and tries to tip him over the ropes.

Cain: Freya eliminated DeSean at the Road to Glory. It looks like she's trying to repeat her success.

DeSean finds his feet on the apron and elbows Freya away before bouncing up onto the ropes and flying off with a springboard clothesline. He connects with Freya and covers her immediately...

One...

Darkness is in the ring though, and stomps on DeSean to break it up.

DeSean attempts to fight Darkness off, but he receives a throat thrust that bowls him over for his trouble. The official muscles Darkness from the ring and Freya gets to her feet. Immediately she dashes over to DeSean, but he brings her down with a drop toehold and she eats turnbuckle. He rolls her up...

One...

Two...

Kickout!

DeSean picks Freya up and executes a smooth scoop slam. He drops a leg across her throat and then pulls her up into a dragon sleeper. Freya tries to fight her way out of the hold, eventually managing to twist out of it and grab a wristlock. DeSean tries to reverse, but Freya flips up into a hurracanrana and sends him tumbling across the ring.

Tex: Darkness is looking for a tag...

Cain: But I don't think Freya wants to make it.

Freya finally leans over and reluctantly tags in Darkness who enters the ring and begins to stalk DeSean. The young man rolls to his feet, but is immediately driven back into his own corner by a martial arts kick. Darkness moves in and chokes DeSean in the corner and then lays in elbows and knees.

Banter: He's cheating!

Tex: No doubt about that. This match is already two-on-one thanks to Drakus and now Darkness is taking advantage with these illegal strikes.

The referee eventually breaks it off, dragging Darkness away, but Darkness pushes the official away and goes after DeSean again, only to get a boot to the face. DeSean pulls himself up onto the top rope. He turns around and moonsaults off, catching Darkness in an inverted front-facelock as he lands and then drilling him with the Deadly Death Drop.

Cain: The Flying Death Drop! DeSean may still have a chance here!

DeSean covers Darkness...

One...

No! Darkness powers out of the pin!

DeSean can't believe it as Darkness spins up to his feet and they face off for a second. The Technician shouts in anger and charges, bringing Darkness down with a spear, but Darkness gets his feet under him and flips DeSean over to land heavily on the mat. Darkness is straight up and lands a jumping knee drop on DeSean's temple.

Tex: It looks like Freya wants in now...

Freya is leaning over the ropes, evidently still concerned that Darkness's brutality has to be curbed, but Darkness ignores her and whips DeSean across the ring. He jumps up and nails the Shadowed Wizard on the way back and then covers the Infinity member straight away...

One...

Two...

No! DeSean kicks out!

Tex: A near fall there. I thought for sure that this was all over.

Banter: It'll take more than that to put The Technician away, Tex.

Cain: Oh, there's no doubt about that, but your wishing powers might have started working again...

Darkness hits a flurry of martial arts strikes and then pulls DeSean into a backdrop suplex that lands him high on his head and neck. DeSean flips over onto the canvas and lands in a heap.

Tex: Oh! He might have broken his neck!

Darkness covers again...

One...

Two...

Thre...no! DeSean just manages to roll his shoulder up!

Darkness lifts DeSean up and delivers a snap suplex before crossing the ring and climbing up onto the top rope. He flies off with a smooth moonsault and connects perfectly with DeSean, hooking his leg once again...

One...

Two...

Th...no! Another kick out!

Tex: My God, how is DeSean surviving this?

The Technician can barely stand as Darkness forces him upright and clamps his prosthetic hand around his throat.

Cain: Not this again...

The referee tries to break the chokehold, but Darkness pushes him away again. The referee admonishes Darkness and begins to count, finally forcing Darkness to reluctantly throw DeSean into the air and drop him to the mat with a thunderous Slayer Slam.

Tex: Surely this is over now...

Darkness covers...

One...

Two...

Thre...suddenly, out of nowhere, Freya breaks it up with a stomp!

Banter: What the hell?!

Cain: Freya just broke up the pin!

Darkness slowly climbs to his feet. Freya is looking at him indignantly and pointing down at DeSean.

Tex: Darkness has brutalised DeSean in this match, refusing to tag in Freya. It looks like she's tired of this game.

Darkness advances on Freya and she takes a step back.

Cain: We saw the cracks in the NHFC forming at Road to Glory. What's going to go down here?

Suddenly, Darkness charges, bowling Freya right over the top rope and sending her crashing down to the floor. The crowd looks stunned as Darkness turns to DeSean, but then gets pulled into a small package!

One...

Two...

Thr...no!

Tex: Darkness kicked out just in time!

Cain: Freya is still down at ringside, so I guess this match is back to being one-on-one again...

Darkness doesn't pause in his assault on DeSean, stomping him down again. He grabs DeSean around the throat on the floor a second time and hauls him up to his feet. In one smooth motion he nails another Slayer Slam...then pulls DeSean up again and hits a second one.

DeSean looks completely out cold, but Darkness will not relent, yanking him up into a front-facelock and then spinning him around into a Darkness DDT. Finally he covers...

One...

Two...

Three!!!

Tex: Darkness and Freya win in this entirely unfair match. There was a time when Darkness would have refused to participate in a contest like this, but it looks like those days are over.

Cain: Yes indeed. The man we've watched dominate professional wrestling for the last two years has been replaced by some kind of monster.

Banter: I always told you guys he was bad news...

Darkness swings himself out of the ring and walks up the ramp, ignoring the confused looks of his fans as well as Freya who is now in the ring again, kneeling by the prone form of DeSean. She is handed a bottle of water by one of the officials who now swarm the ring and she attempts to revive The Technician, all the while throwing glances at Darkness who shows no interest whatsoever in the man he has just brutally beaten.

<center>Image</center>

Drakus doesn't sit. He squares up to the camera and grins the predatory grin of a psychopath. His stare is glassy.

"Remember what I did, Dante? Remember how I snapped you in half and turned you into a goddamn cripple? Don't you want revenge? Don't you want to do the same to me?"

He steps towards the lens until his unshaven, worn face fills the screen.

"Step into the ring with me, Dante! Give me a shot at your belts! I'LL BREAK YOU AGAIN!"

Wed May 30, 2007 5:02 am
Profile E-mail WWW

Image Image
</center>

The arena goes dark and silent before the opening guitar chords of Strapping Young Lad's "Shitstorm" begin playing. The screen flashes split second shots of David Hardy in action as blue lights flash in sync with the music.

The Aftershock Superstar makes his way out to pyros and fanfare, gesturing to the gold belt around his waist.

Sammy Eubanks: The following contest is scheduled for one fall. Introducing first, on the way to the ring, weighing in at 200 lbs...from West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada...he is a member of INFIIINITY and the AFTERSHOCK CHAMPION...DAAAAAAAVID HAAAAAAAAAAAAARDY!!!!

Tex: Hardy performed exceptionally in the Road to Glory, does he have what it takes to beat the World's Heavyweight Champion tonight?

Banter: I think he does...

Cain: Well, if Hardy is able to pull off this upset tonight, I wonder if it will affect Dante's decision for who will get a shot at his titles?

<i>I AM THE GOD OF ALL HELL'S FIRE!</i>

Hardy is in the ring, as Dante emerges on the stage, wreathed in fire while "Down With The Sickness" plays.

Tex: Still no Selenia with the World Champion - the word backstage is that he sent her away for her own protection.

Banter: Huh? Protection?

Cain: Didn't you see Darkness in action earlier?

Sammy: And his opponent, weighing in at 242 lbs, from the City of Dis in the Sixth Circle of Hell...he is a member of the NEW HELLFIIIIIIRE CLUB and the 411FED AND ECF UNIFIED WORLD'S HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION...THIS... IS JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASON DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANTE!!!!!!!!!

Dante hefts his title belts onto his shoulders as he walks up the steps at ringside and climbs through the ropes.

Cain: Infinity versus the New Hellfire Club has dominated TCW for the last year; a year that has also been dominated by Jason Dante - will he continue his winning ways tonight?

Dante cracks his neck as he squares up to the shorter David Hardy, but the Inifnity member doesn't wait for the bell to attack, planting a slap on the Champion's face. The referee signals for the match to start as Dante rounds on Hardy and floors him with a right hand. Hardy bounces right back up to his feet and arm drags Dante to the floor, attempting to hold on with an armlock, but Dante reverses and twists it into a hammerlock. Hardy struggles for a moment before he reaches the ropes and Dante breaks.

Tex: The going is even right about now, both wrestlers are taking their measure of each other.

Banter: It's only a matter of time until Hardy stops playing games and shows Dante who's boss.

Dante and Hardy lock up and they struggle back and forth for a minute until Hardy ducks under the albino and hooks him over with a fireman's carry. Dante hits the mat and Hardy immediately wraps an arm around his throat and the other around one arm.

Cain: It looks like Hardy is going for the Dragon Tamer! He may be looking for an early submission victory!

Dante seems to realise the danger he is in however, and elbows his way out of the hold, pulling Hardy into his own fireman carry. He pushes himself up to his feet and then jumps down, driving Hardy's head into the mat.

Tex: Death Valley Driver! This could be over already!

Dante goes for a cover...

One...

Two...

No, Hardy kicks out.

Banter: I knew that wouldn't be enough to take down the Aftershock Superstar.

Cain: I'm inclined to agree with you, Banter. The Aftershock Title is a belt traditionally held by rookies, but Hardy has brought real prestige to it. He's just the World Title away from being a grand slam champion now.

Tex: And if he does well here tonight, maybe that dream could come true...

Dante has Hardy up and he whips him into the corner. He attempts to follow up with a Yakuza kick, but Hardy ducks out of the way and rolls to the mat. Dante gets hung up on the turnbuckle, one leg thrust between the ropes and Hardy immediately takes advantage as he spins to his feet, laying in forearms on the stricken Champion. Dante frees himself, but falls straight to the mat. Hardy immediately attempts a pin...

One...

Tw...no, not enough as Dante rolls his shoulder up.

Hardy stomps Dante down and then climbs up to the turnbuckle.

Tex: Hardy is looking for an aerial manoeuvre here but Dante is very close to the corner, so he's going to have trouble getting much air.

Hardy jumps from the top rope, and it's unclear what move his going for as Dante's boot meet his jaw and Hardy falls back against the ropes, stunned. Dante is up on his feet and lays in a forearm. He whips Hardy across the ring and ducks down for a back body drop, but Hardy telegraphs it and kicks him in the chest. Dante staggers back and Hardy immediately charges, dropping Dante with a tornado DDT.

Cain: Back and forth action in this match so far - neither man has found the opening they need to take control.

Banter: Don't speak too soon, Isaiah...

Hardy drops an elbow on Dante and then walks to the Champion's legs. He locks in a sharpshooter, turning over the writhing Dante and then crouching down low to increase the pressure on his back and legs.

Tex: The Sharpshooter! Hardy is the hometown hero and there can't be any more emotive move for a Canadian audience than the sharpshooter!

Banter: Yay! I hate Canadians as much as the next men, but if they're cheering this then they're okay by me!

The divided crowd are now cheering for Hardy as it looks like Dante has nowhere to go, but he slowly begins to inch towards the ropes, reaching out and brushing the bottom rope with his fingertips.

Tex: Dante's tenacity is well documented. I can't remember ever seeing him tap out...

Dante finally reaches the ropes and, reluctantly, Hardy breaks the hold. He isn't deterred however, laying in brutal stomps to Dante's now-damaged back and then pulling him by his legs into the middle of the ring again. He hooks Dante's feet under his arms and begins to turn him again.

Cain: Is Hardy going for a Boston crab? Oh no...it looks like he's looking for the Liontamer - another Canadian trademark.

Tex: Hardy's a little bit of a suck up, huh?

Banter: You shut your mouth!

Hardy tries to turn Dante, but the Champion manages to roll through and he flips Hardy across the ring, sending him bouncing towards the opposite ropes. Dante stumbles up to his feet, one hand pressed against his back, but Hardy is up too and charges. Dante attempts to back body drop him, but Hardy dodges and ducks behind. He grabs an inverted front-facelock and drops Dante down onto his knee.

Tex: Hardy gets a modified back breaker - he's punishing the World Champion's back here.

Hardy covers...

One...

Two...

Thr...no, Dante kicks out!

Cain: So close...

Tex: Hardy was just a hair away from pinning Dante there, and what an upset that would have been.

Hardy takes a step back and gestures for Dante to stand.

Cain: Is Hardy looking for the DKO?

Dante staggers to his feet and Hardy does indeed attempt a DKO, but Dante dodges, only for Hardy to spin around again and floor Dante with a flashback that brings him down hard into the mat. Hardy goes for another cover...

One...

No! Not enough!

Hardy looks somewhat incredulous, but he gets up and grabs Dante by the chin, wrenching his head back and digging his knee into the Champion's injured back. Dante winces in pain as Hardy cinches in the reverse chinlock, but he finally escapes by raking Hardy's eyes, sending the Aftershock Superstar staggering back, clutching at his face. Dante rolls upright and attempts to charge Hardy, but he gets suckered in and Hardy sends him crashing shoulder-first into the ring post. Hardy moves in, pulling Dante back towards him by the tights and driving in a forearm to the back.

Tex: Hardy is punishing that lower back region. As awesomely tough and strong-willed as Dante is, there's only so long he can resist this kind of concentrated assault.

Dante is staggered now, but Hardy hauls him up again and lays in a second forearm to the lower back, driving his opponent down to his knees. He claws at Dante's eyes and the referee breaks it up and Hardy flings Dante at the ropes, leaving him hung up on the second.

Cain: Dante is surely in real trouble now; he's literally on the ropes as Hardy goes up high.

The Aftershock Champion is on the top rope and then he throws himself off feet-first, coming down hard on Dante's defenceless back with a double-stomp. Dante takes the move badly, rolling over into an agonised sprawl on the mat. Hardy immediately dives on top of him and hooks the leg...

One...

Two...

Thre...no! Dante rolls his shoulder up at the last possible instant!

Banter: Come on, that was three!

Tex: It was not. It was close, but it was not three.

Hardy looks incredulously at the referee, slapping his hands three times to indicate how long he thought the count was, but the official is shaking his head. Hardy gets to his feet and walks to the ropes. He begins stomping and now the crowd are booing heavily.

Tex: Ah, well this isn't such a popular move in Canada...

Hardy doesn't seem to care though as he fixes his eyes on Dante who is now staggering upright with the help of the ropes.

Cain: Here we go! Hardy is tuning up the band!

Hardy takes a few steps forward as Dante stumbles forward, throws a crotch chop and then drills him with a super kick...only for Dante to catch it on his shoulder.

Tex: Reversal! Reversal!

Dante flings the leg away, causing Hardy to stumble ‘round and walk right into the Gilded Cage! Dante locks in his signature hold, dropping Hardy to the mat and wrapping his legs around him with a body scissors.

Cain: Dante has the Gidled Cage locked in in the centre of the ring! There's nowhere for Hardy to go!

The Aftershock Superstar tries to resist, gritting his teeth in pain. He rolls over, taking Dante with him, but the albino plants his feet on the mat and simply pulls Hardy into an even more painful position, arching his back up from the canvas.

Hardy desperately tries to hold on but he has no other choice, and finally he taps out.

Banter: Oh no...

Tex: Dante wins!

Cain: And he did so in the same manner that he defended his belts from Highone a few months ago.

Banter: That's right, but let's not sell Hardy short - he came close to beating Dante here tonight.

Dante moves to the turnbuckle, still holding a hand to his damaged back and, wincing, climbs to the top rope, raising his arms and soaking up the cheers of the fans.

<i>"DANTE! DANTE! DANTE! DANTE! DANTE! DANTE! DANTE! DANTE! DANTE! DANTE!" </i>

Dante remains in the ring after his match and, though Hardy won many of the Canadian fans over with his effort, the World Champion remains as popular as ever. As he drops down into the ring from the turnbuckle and is handed his belts, "Mother" begins to play.

Tex: Now what's this?

The New Hellfire Club files out from the entrance, Freya, Acolyte and the returning Misfit, but there is no Darkness.

Cain: It looks like Dante's allies are going to come out here to congratulate him.

The NHFC enters the ring and they do indeed congratulate him, but their celebration seems muted somehow. Freya especially looks concerned and some unseen tension seems to permeate the group. Dante gestures for a microphone, and takes a step away from his stable. He tries to speak, but the chants continue to sound across the arena.

Cain: The chant of this crowd is drowning out the champion.

Banter: Yeah and for once I'm curious what the guy has to say.

"Now if you could quiet down a bit, I have something important to announce. Earlier this month, I won the Road to Glory; an unprecedented result as no one has ever successfully defended victory at the Road to Glory the following year."

The fans cheer.

"For almost exactly one year I have held these titles, one year in the spotlight, one year in which these belts have gone from meaning nothing to meaning a proof of my accolades to me. I defeated a man who before that had only lost a non-title match against one of the federation's true legends. One year as champion, 365 days as a titleholder, not bad for the guy who used to lose his belts at his first defence huh?

"Anyway, this is all history; all the past. What you want is a name, a name to complete the main event at Endgame. You want me to give you a name to cheer or boo, the name of a man or woman who will take me on at Endgame, the name of a person who will challenge me for these titles."

"Some of you want me to say Matt Strikmore and give the Majestic Cup winner the chance he deserves. Some of you may want me to say Titanium Insomniac and give the master of bedlam a rematch. Other fans want to hear the word Highone come from my lips, some want me to say JE, others David Hardy and yet another group wants me to name Kermit as my challenger, the reason I was wearing an eye patch just a short time ago."

The fans buzz at this nugget of information, guessing correctly that it alludes to what Kermit said in his own promo earlier.

"There are names like Desean Blackwell thrown around, even the names of my friends like Acolyte, Freya or Misfit. In fact, some even think I should make the career of one of our TCW rookies like William Shamrock or Myra Tripp, some say push the career of Duo's Cage or Atomic Welfare, so many names mentioned and all have their champions, so many names when only one can be chosen. You've heard from almost all these guys in tonight's broadcast. You've seen them all lay down their arguments. There are many men - and women - who have the right to lay claim to a title shot..."

Dante stretches up and coughs to clear his throat.

"But you and I know, that only one man can be my choice, there is only one man I want to face off against at Endgame. There is only one man who truly deserves what only I can give."

Dante's face hardens and the emotion drains from his alabaster features.

"In the end there is only one man I can chose for this honour..."

As these words leave his lips, his fellow NHFC-members begin to shift uncomfortably and their postures begin to radiate concern.

Misfits shakes his head and mouths a few words to Dante, Freya goes a step further and places a hand on his arm, as if to restrain him from making this decision. Acolyte simply looks conflicted.

Solemnly Dante shakes his head in response as the buzz of the crowd grows.

Cain: I think I can see where this is going...

"At Endgame, in the main event of TCW's showcase pay-per-view I will be defending the ECF and 411fed Unified World's Heavyweight Championship against..."

Tex: There's only one name on the lips of the fans...

Indeed, the chant sounds across the arena; two syllables from the mouths of twenty thousand crowd members in unison.

"...DARKNESS!!!"

Dante drops the microphone and turns away, as the NHFC collectively shake their heads, seemingly resigned to the decision their leader has made.

Cain: We're going to see Darkness vs. Dante II at Endgame, the rematch to end all rematches!

Banter: This is nepotism of the most egregious kind...

Tex: What?

Banter: Get a thesaurus, Tex.

Dante begins to lead his stable from the ring...

<i>A LIGHT...IN THE BLACK...? OR JUST A FEAR...OF THE DARK...</i>

Cain: Here we go! Things are about to get interesting!

"Fear of the Dark" pounds through the arena and the crowd chants along, a noise as deafening as it is haunting. Moments later, Darkness appears on the stage and the chanting only gets louder.

<i>"DARK-NESS! DARK-NESS! DARK-NESS! DARK-NESS! DARK-NESS!"</i>

Dante steps towards the ropes and hangs over them, his face set in an expression of grim determination. His red eyes blaze with fury however, and speak volumes about his mood.

Darkness has a microphone in his good hand and, with only a small gesture, silences the fans. He raises the mic to his lips.

"Dante..."

The crowd pops again, but they soon die down as Darkness raises a hand to silence them.

Cain: This is a rare public appearance from Darkness. We've been seeing the NHFC fall apart in these past months - Darkness and Freya had a falling out earlier tonight, and we saw what happened with Darkness and Dante at Road to Glory.

Tex: And now they will face each other at Endgame...

"Dante," Darkness continues, "one year ago, you stepped into the ring with me at Endgame. We were different men then. But you took from me the World's Heavyweight Championship and you pinned me fair and square in the centre of that ring..."

"Damn right I did!" Dante bellows from the ring into his own microphone.

"Be silent!" Darkness roars back, and the power in his voice causes Dante to take a step back. "If you will allow me one thing, after all you have taken from me, it is to say this now."

Darkness waits for Dante to put his microphone back down on the canvas before continuing.

"Dante, you, more than anyone else, know that in this world, I am counted amongst the greatest living warriors. My prowess is unmatched; my tenacity is unchallenged; my speed and stamina are without equal. When I held those belts, I introduced to them a unique lineage. As the World Champion, I bestowed upon those belts a higher honour than ever before for, around my waist, they represented more than a simple wrestling championship. Through virtue of being held by me, they represent something more important, something immortal - they are the highest accolade a warrior can strive for, because they have been held by the best."

Cain: Well...uh...that's certainly one way of putting it...

Banter: This guy really is a wacko, isn't he?

"And you beat me for them. You defeated me, in a fair competition, for those belts, without recourse to cheating or underhanded tactics. That makes you the best. That makes you the heir to what I represent and now, what those belts represent."

Dante is nodding, but the confusion etched in his brow makes it clear that he's unsure where Darkness is going with this.

"Now...we have been through so much. Together you and I have fought against Infinity, we have weathered the storm of Drakus and we have dominated this promotion for the last twelve months. But you have strayed from your course. You have betrayed the oath we took."

"What?!" Dante demands, having retrieved the mic again.

"SILENCE. I WILL NOT ASK YOU AGAIN."

Dante lowers the microphone, but doesn't drop it this time.

"You have turned aside from the duty asked of you. You have taken from me..." Darkness raises his prosthetic hand, "...the most valuable weapon a warrior has. I, who brought you back from the brink of defeat and paralysis, I, who travelled beyond the veil of this world to save you from an eternity of madness in Dis. I, who have stood strong, and proud, and tall against the encroaching shadow, have been betrayed by you. You maimed me, you left me to near-death at the hands of Joyride, you came to the ring with the Queen of Whores at your side and, most of all, you turned your back on everything we stand for."

Banter: Okay, now I just have no idea what's going on.

"You were the other half of the same coin, a man with whom I shared a bond deeper than any other, yet you have stood by while I have been undone and even been the cause of my undoing yourself. I have sacrificed all for you - given everything I am able to - and you have let me become broken and mutilated. You are the betrayer, Dante. Just like your father."

At that, Dante throws himself through the ropes, landing on his feet outside the ring. He races up the entrance ramp, but Darkness steps back and lifts something previously unseen from behind him. He holds it up, and Dante stops dead.

The surface of the object is cracked, but the design is still recognisable. Darkness holds the belt over his own waist.

"You have failed, Jason. Now I take up your mantle. At Endgame, the World Championship will be mine once more, but until then...you will face the man you should have been..." he points at the repaired belt, that Dante hasn't seen for over a year.

"I am Lucifer's Champion!"

The camera zooms in and the red pentagram belt that Dante wore leading up to Endgame the previous year takes up the whole screen as the show fades to black.

<center>Image Image
Jason Dante vs Darkness<br>The TCW World Championship<br>ENDGAME</center>

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Wed May 30, 2007 5:10 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]