[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - Havoc in Cusco, Peru (July 21 2008)
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Havoc in Cusco, Peru (July 21 2008) 
Commissioner

Post Havoc in Cusco, Peru (July 21 2008)
<center>Image

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers.... Bullshit!

Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!

New, what do you own the world?

How do you own disorder, disorder,

Now, somewhere between the sacred silence,

Sacred silence and sleep,

Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep,

Disorder, disorder, disorder!"

BAP! ~ BAP! ~ BAP! ~ BAP! ~ BAP! ~ BAP! ~ BAP! ~ BAP!
*FWOOOOOOOOOOSSH!*
*FWOOOOOOOOOOSSH*
*FWOOOOOOOOOOSSH!*
*FWOOOOOOOOOOSSH!*
*FWOOOOOOOOOOSSH!*

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!
</center>

<center>Image Image Image</center>

Tex: Hello everyone and welcome to another exciting edition of TCW Havoc!

Banter: Coming at you live, unfortunately, still in South America.

Cain: It looks like we're going to start tonight off with a match!

Doo-doo doo doo doo BWAH!

One on top of the other, Mario and Yoshi hit the ramp, waving to a rather uninterested crowd.

Tex: Perhaps the crowd would be more into these characters if the majority of them weren't living a life of poverty, largely unaware of these symbols of our first-world largess.

Cain: Right you are, Tex! The crowd just doesn't seem to care about them at all!

Banter: Man, I love Yoshi. Screw you guys...

Inside the ring, Mario and Yoshi continue their attempts to excite the crowd.

Tex: Wait, what's this??

A cloud of black smoke envelopes the ring. Mario and Yoshi stop their dancing and begin coughing. When the smoke clears, they're standing around, clearly confused. They don't notice the large black figure behind them.

Banter: What the heck??

Tex: I believe he's known as Sepcter, Banter!

Banter: Specter Banter? What a cool name!

Cain: And he seems to be utterly dismantling Mario and Yoshi!

And dismantling he is. Specter has thrown Yoshi clear out of the ring and is swinging his large fist straight into Mario's skull, sending the plumber to the mat with a big impact.

Specter puts the boots to Mario, kicking his head over and over, leaving the fat Italian a bloody mess. Again, smoke fills the ring, and as it clears, Specter is gone.

Banter: Hey, I like his style!

Tex: Well, the EMTs are heading into the ring, so we'll get this mess cleaned up and be right back!

Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:42 am
Commissioner

In Stern's skybox, the Commissioner is pouring herself a cup of coffee. "Can I get you anything?"

Indigo, sitting restlessly on a plush leather couch on the other side of the office shakes her head. "Not unless you have anything without caffeine."

"You don't like caffeine?"

"Bad for the chakras. Do you have anything herbal?"

"Um...no, I don't think I do. Sorry."

Indigo smiles tightly. "Don't worry about it."

Stern returns the smile, and there is a few seconds of awkward silence before she clears her throat and returns to her desk. "Did you see Defiance last week?"

Indigo nods.

"I see Mohawk won that battle royal."

The younger woman's face remains impassive. "Yes. He was very impressive."

Sensing that the topic is not a sensible one to pursue, Stern quickly changes the subject. "You saw what Powers said too, I'm sure."

"Yes. What are you going to do?"

"Well, I know what he wants me to do..."

"And that's not what you're going to do?"

Stern smiles over her cup. "I'm sure you know better than I do that giving a man what he wants is never the best idea."

"Um. Yeah. I suppose not."

"So," Stern continues hastily, striving to keep the conversation rolling, "I'm going to unveil the final piece of this plan."

"There's a plan?"

"Of course. And I have you to thank for making it possible."

"That's okay," Indigo says, fiddling with the toggles on her athletic pants.

Stern sets down her coffee cup. "Indigo, if you don't want to be here..."

"I want to be here," Indigo says, lifting her jaw defiantly, "you know that."

"You just want what I promised you, is that it?"

Indigo bobs her head.

"All in good time. I think you'll be very interested in what I have to say this evening."

"Alright then."

The two of them lapse into silence once again. Stern takes a sip of her coffee and Indigo raps her hands against her knees listlessly.

Cain: Hmm...

Tex: Well it looks like it's time for our second match of the night, which will hopefully last a little longer than the first did!

<center>Image Image Image
</center>

Sammy Eubanks: The following triple-threat, non-title contest is scheduled for one fall...introducing first...from Orlando, Florida...weighing in at 235 lbs...PAAAAAAAAAAAT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.O.D. Alive blares as Pat walks through the currents and the fans go crazzy. He walks down to the ring and slaps a few hands on the way. He walks up the steps and steps through the middle rope. He climbs the turnbuckle and raises both arms as he flexs and points to the people. He then dose this to the three other turnbuckle post before climbing down and waiting for his opponents.

Tex: Pat is a legendary Aftershock Champion, and he's going to be taking on the current champ under what are, it must be said, Aftershock Rules.

Cain: That's right. This is a non-title match, but it could easily be a preview of the next Aftershock Championship match. I expect Stern is playing close attention.

The arena lights turn black and blue, the Twistedtron shows a limo driving through the streets, it stops in front of the arena and the door opens and out steps DeSean decked out in his trademark wrestling gear. After a 2 seconds of silence the beginning drums of Oasis Supersonic begins to play, DeSean walks through the curtain head down, with his hoodie covering his face.

Sammy: And his opponents...first, from Greensboro, North Carolina...weighing in at 219 lbs...he is the TCW AFTERSHOCK CHAMPION...THE TECHNICIAN...DESEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAN BLAAAAAAAAAAAAACKWEEEEEEEELL!!!!!!!!!!

<center>I need to be myself </center>

DeSean flips the hood back and outstretches his arms

<center>I can't be no one else
I'm feeling supersonic
Give me gin and tonic
You can have it all but how much do you want it?
</center>

Syncing his steps to the beat, DeSean stops and forms a cross with his fist, he then outstretches his arms, pyro shoots off behind him.

Banter: There he is - the NEW Aftershock Superstar!

Cain: Indeed. DeSean defeated his old team mate David Hardy to win that belt, but I'm sure he has a lot else on his mind at the moment. This is surely set to be one of his most intense matches of all time.

Tex: Right. We don't need to tell anybody sitting at home about the storied rivalry between two of the participants in this match. Two men who feuded over the Transcontinental Championship for many months, who were Tag Team Champions together and who now both have singles gold.

Cain: Both men stand on the cusp of greatness, but this is also Pat WoW's chance to cement his own legacy. A victory over one DeSean Blackwell or Matt Strikmore would be a huge coup for him.

<center>You need to find out
Cos no one's gonna tell you what I'm on about
You need to find a way for what you want to say
But before tomorrow
</center>

DeSean walks down the ramp arguing with some fans while clapping the hands of others, he hops on the apron and and slowly walks down the side. He stops, leaps on the top rope and backflips in. He pumps his fist and raises his arms getting a mixed reaction but mostly cheers, he yells "I'm back baby" and pumps his chest screaming this is "my show"

<center>Cos my friend said he'd take you home
He sits in a corner all alone
He lives under a waterfall
Nobody can see him
Nobody can ever hear him call
Nobody can ever hear him call
</center>

Sammy: And, from Wildwoods, New Jersey...weighing in at 220 lbs...he is the TCW TRANSCONTINENTAL CHAMPION...MAAAAAAAAAAATT STRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE!!!!!!!!!!!!

The drum beats of "Battle of One" start as white lights strobe to the beat. The guitar riff starts, and blue strobes join the white lights. As the singer screams, Matt Strikmore makes his way through the entrance way. Wearing long brown tights with blue details, Matt rolls his neck before heading down the ramp. There's very little fanfare, just the occasional slapping of a fans hand without looking away from the ring. Sliding under the bottom rope, Matt quickly jumps back up to his feet before lightly jogging in place while shaking out his arms.

Tex: Matt Strikmore, in his young career, has already attained incredible heights of success. His record, and his two TC Title reigns, speak for themselves.

Banter: And yet you're still talking about him...

Cain: Everyone is talking about Matt Srikmore, Banter. Will this be his year? Will he take it to the next level and challenge Darkness for the World's Heavyweight Championship? A lot of fans think that the time is now for Strikmore.

Tex: But first, he will have to defeat his old enemy, and a new one...

All three men eye each other warily in the ring. The bell sounds and, for a moment, everyone waits, seeing who will be the one to make the first move. It proves to be DeSean who suddenly throws himself at Strikmore, bringing him down to the mat with furious blows to the face. Strikmore lifts his arms to defend himself, but Pat is now on the case, hauling DeSean to his feet and hitting him with a forearm. He whips him across the ring and looks for a back body drop, but DeSean counters with a facebreaker. Pat goes down, and DeSean hooks the leg...

One...no, Strikmore breaks it right up!

Tex: DeSean was looking to end this one quickly, but Strikmore had other ideas.

Banter: Triple threat matches are always crazy. You not only have to put away one guy and pin him, but you also have to keep the other guy away so you can do it.

Cain: It's like every participant is in a handicap match.

Banter: Exactly.

Strikmore lifts DeSean up and whips him into the corner. He follows in with a knee lift, but DeSean ducks out of the way and kicks Strikmore in the gut. He shoves him into the corner and pounds on him with right hands, beating him down into a crouch. Pat comes to the rescue again, grabbing DeSean from behind and lifting him up into a brutal back drop driver. He holds the bridge...

One...

Two...

Th...and DeSean just manages to kick out!

Cain: The Starmaker nearly secured the win for Pat there. He's a legendary competitor, but he's walking into a hornet's nest in this match.

Tex: I know I wouldn't want to be caught in the crossfire between Strikmore and The Technician.

Strikmore has recovered now and, as Pat stands up, he yanks him into a sleeper hold. Pat tries to fight free as DeSean rolls to the safety of the ropes, clutching the back of his head where he landed after the Starmaker. Strikmore tightens his sleeper, but Pat is still thrashing around, trying to get free. Eventually he succeeds in pushing Strikmore backwards into the turnbuckle. The TC Champion still holds on, but the sleeper has been weakened and Pat elbows him in the gut before bringing him down with a snapmare. He goes for a reverse chinlock, but DeSean attacks, kicking him in the spine and sending him bouncing across the mat.

Banter: Ha! That's why the call him ‘The Technician', huh?

Cain: It's an unusual moniker, it has to be said, but DeSean can certainly back up his brutality with athleticism. He's one of the best pure athletes on the roster, for my money.

Tex: Blackwell was a wrestling prodigy. He never wrestled amateur, but when most kids were meeting their college roommates, he was touring the indies and making a name for himself.

DeSean lifts Strikmore up from behind, locking in an inverted front facelock, then drops to the mat. He pins straight away...

One...

Two...kickout!

Cain: DeSean has still yet to defeat Strikmore in their long rivalry - it's perhaps a testaments to this young man's tenacity that the feud has been kept alive despite Strikmore's dominance.

Banter: Whatever the results of their matches have been, DeSean's always given as good as he got.

DeSean rolls Strikmore up and whips him across the ring, but Pat grabs the ropes and pulls them down, sending Strikmore over and to the outside. DeSean charges, taking Pat down with a clothesline. He goes for a stomp, but Pat catches his foot and trips him. He stands up, still holding DeSean's leg and tries to twist him over into a half crab, but DeSean twists his way free, sending Pat towards the ropes, where he collides with Strikmore who has climbed up to the apron. Strikmore falls to the outside again as Pat bounces backwards and right into a schoolboy from DeSean...

One...

Tw...not enough!

DeSean stomps Pat down and goes looking for Strikmore. He reaches the ropes and Strikmore attacks, grabbing the back of his head and pulling him down into a hotshot. DeSean falls down to the mat, clutching his throat and, as Strikmore climbs back into the ring, Pat capitalises with a cover...

One...

Two..

Thr...and Strikmore breaks it up with a stomp!

Tex: And that was so close for Pat there! What an upset that would have been!

Cain: Pat could still be in line to win a huge victory here. It would change everything if he was able to take advantage of his two opponents' rivalry and capitalise.

Strikmore drags Pat out of the way and covers DeSean himself...

One...

Tw...now Pat breaks it up with an axe-handle.

He picks up Strikmore and signals for the WoW Bottom, but Strikmore elbows his way free and kicks Pat in the gut. He lifts Pat and drops him into a gutbuster, then covers...

One...

Two...not enough!

Cain: Strikmore loves to work the midsection, but he's not getting much chance to do it in this match.

Banter: Well he has to watch his back the whole time.

Tex: Strategy goes completely out the window in a triple threat match. All you can do is fight your hardest and hope that you're the one left standing at the end.

Strikmore rolls Pat up to his feet and looks to be going for the Ring Slinger, but Pat knees him in the stomach. Strikmore staggers away, but suddenly DeSean crashes into Pat with the Alpha Flight, having climbed the turnbuckle while both of his opponents were distracted. Pat is down, but DeSean only seems interested in going for Strikmore. He lifts him, but Strikmore drops him with a jawbreaker. The TC Champion makes for Pat, but DeSean cuts him off and drags him down to the mat. He clambers on top of him and rains punches down on the back of his head. Strikmore tries to shield himself again, but DeSean's attacks are furious and, finally, he drops a knee on his old rival's skull, leaving Strikmore down on the canvas, clutching at his head.

Cain: DeSean is unloading on Strikmore! Over a year of pent up frustration and anger are being poured out in his fists!

Tex: And Strikmore had better be careful - he still has that neck injury, and this could easily exacerbate it.

Banter: You don't think DeSean knows that?

Pat is up now, but DeSean is able to overpower him and shove him into the corner. He beats on him too, punching and kicking the veteran. The referee moves to intervene, but DeSean shoves him away and chokes Pat against the turnbuckle.

Cain: And now Pat is the victim of DeSean's attitude problem it seems...

Strikmore staggers to his feet and, seeing DeSean brutalising Pat in the corner, charges in. DeSean, seemingly acting on the information of some sixth sense, throws himself out of the way, and Strikmore crashes into Pat with a thunderous corner clothesline. Pat stumbles and flops down against the ropes as Strikmore gives chase to DeSean, but the Aftershock Champion takes a powder, diving out of the ring and walking backwards towards the entrance ramp.

Tex: DeSean has decided discretion is the better part of valour!

Cain: Strikmore has a decision to make - he can throw this match away and go after DeSean, or he can capitalise on this situation. Which is more important to this young man, career or revenge?

Strikmore seems about to follow him, but, grudgingly, he stops and heads back towards Pat. Pat swings at Strikmore, but the impact of the clothesline has rendered him groggy and Strikmore easily dodges before kicking him in the gut and then jumping up to execute the Ring Slinger.

Banter: Ouch!

Tex: Strikmore puts Pat down for the count, and this one is surely over.

Strikmore covers, but doesn't take his eyes off the smirking face of DeSean on the entrance ramp...

One...

Two...

Three!!!

Cain: Strikmore picks up a big win, but DeSean escapes his clutches.

Tex: Pat WoW was caught in the crossfire of this heated rivalry. It should have been The Technician taking that fall, but DeSean was quite happy to leave him to Strikmore, so long as it saved his hide from being pinned.

Banter: Hey, he has a title to think of now. If he lets people pin him, they're going to start wanting shots.

Tex: So he's not going to defend it, is that it?

Banter: Uh...

In the ring, Strikmore has his hand raised in victory, but he doesn't look pleased. DeSean stands on the stage at the top of the ramp. He lifts his Aftershock Title belt on his shoulder and smirks at Strikmore again before turning his back and walking out.

Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:43 am
Commissioner

Cain: It looks like we're being told to head backstage...

A hallway full of folded-up tables and chairs is dimly illuminated. Shouts are heard from the far end. Ducking, the camera zooms towards the noise.

"Ow, shit, bro!!"

Tex: That's Ghetto Fire!

The young man tumbles out into the hallway, backing into a stack of tables. He's followed quickly by Yasmin, a worried look on her face.

"Hey, watch it!"

"Stop it! Leave him alone!!"

Stalking him into the light is one of TCW's newest superstars, Sel.

Banter: Homeboy looks pissed!

Sel charges at Ghetto Fire, slamming him full-body into the stack of tables. Yasmin screams, and Ghetto shoves her out of the way.

As Ghetto falls to the ground, Sel kicks him in the stomach. A sobbing Yasmin leans down over the fallen stoner as Sel stalks off.

Cain: I wonder what on earth Ghetto did to get on Sel's bad side so harshly!

Tex: We'll be left to wonder for now; it's time for our next match!

<center>Image Image

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/207dkU6m4Xg&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/207dkU6m4Xg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object></center>

Tex: Oh my goodness! I think we may know what this was all about now!

William Shamrock walks out onto the ramp, bathed in gold lights, as "All About The Benjamins" plays after the promo video.

Cain: I think Shamrock was planning to make more of an impressive return than this - he's been thoroughly overshadowed by Indigo signing with TCW though.

Tex: Nonsense. This is William Shamrock we're talking about.

Shamrock walks down to the ring with a nonchalant swagger, but he looks a little bruised and beaten up.

Sammy Eubanks: The following interpromotional contest is scheduled for one fall. Introducing first, representing FWRFed...from New York City, New York...weighing in at 235 lbs...WIIIIILIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMROOOOOOOOOOOOCK!!!!!!!!

Tex: And what an unusual contest this is set to be. Indigo and Shamrock have clashed many times in FWRFed, but now their rivalry comes to TCW. It was, I understand, the intent of Commissioner Powers that Shamrock would be the FWRFed World Champion at this stage, thus dispelling Indigo's claim on that belt if he were to win this match.

Cain: Obviously that didn't pan out - ironically, Shamrock was prevented from winning the title by Indigo's ex-boyfriend Mohawk, who attacked both him and reigning Champion Gabriel Bathory. I believe that's why Shamrock is looking a little bit worse for wear here tonight.

Shamrock has now reached the ring and he rolls in under the bottom rope before lifting his hands. The fans in Peru don't hesitate to make their feelings for the hated heel clear though.

<center><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VZUNvcU93UM&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VZUNvcU93UM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object></center>

The crowd rises to its feet now as Indigo appears on the stage.

Sammy: And his opponent, representing TCW...from Sydney, Australia...weighing in at 150 lbs...she is the UNCROWNED FWRFED WORLD'S HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION...IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINDIIIIIIIIIIIIIGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Banter: Wow.

Tex: Stern's really milking that one, huh?

Indigo looks thoroughly uncomfortable with being identified as the World Champion, uncrowned or not, but she puts on a brave face and waves to her many fans in the crowd.

Cain: Indigo is now TCW talent, but it's hard to think of this match as anything but a displaced FWRFed match.

Tex: Indeed. Powers has offered to return the favour at the FWRFed pay-per-view in Lima later this month, when TCW will also be in the same city, offering Commissioner Stern the chance to book just one match on his show. No prizes for guessing who he hopes she'll send over.

Banter: He's a shrewd businessman, even if he does run a crappy fed. If he can persuade Stern to book Indigo against Bathory, he can stop this "uncrowned champion" stuff right there.

Tex: Or Indigo could win, and demand a shot at the World Title, then bring it back to TCW.

Banter: Hey, that's a good idea!

Indigo is now in the ring and she squares right up to Shamrock. He smirks at her and offers a handshake.

Banter: A true gentleman.

Gingerly, Indigo accepts the handshake, but then Shamrock yanks her right in to a short-arm-clothesline, only for Indigo to guess his intention, duck the attack and then dropkick him as he's caught off balance by the dodge.

Cain: She knows all Shamrock's tricks apparently!

Shamrock stumbles into the ropes as the bell rings and Indigo presses her advantage, laying in forearms. She tries an Irish whip, but Shamrock counters, and it's Indigo who is sent across the ring. He brings her down with a hiptoss on the way back and then twists her wrist behind her as he pushes her down into the mat.

Tex: Shamrock of course has the size advantage in this match, but he's never managed to defeat Indigo in the past.

Cain: Shamrock is one of FWRFed's biggest stars: a former Revolution Champion and a perennial challenger for the World Title, but he has failed to make his mark in TCW before now. If he can defeat this long-time adversary in the form of Indigo, he may go a long way towards proving himself.

Shamrock continues to put pressure on Indigo's wrist, dropping down to one knee. The referee asks her if she wants to quit, but she refuses and starts to push herself up. The fans chant for Indigo as she gets up to one knee and then elbows Shamrock with her free arm. He keeps the hold locked in, and she elbows him again, finally forcing him to release. He takes a step back, holding his gut, and Indigo immediately strikes, charging and taking him down with a tornado DDT.

Tex: A big move from Indigo. She may have this one in the bag!

She covers...

One...

Two...

Th...no, Shamrock rolls his shoulder up!

Banter: Pretty close!

Cain: Shamrock has just taken part in a big battle royal over in FWRFed, where he was comprehensively brutalised by Mohawk, and that's not even mentioning the way he was decimated by the monster the previous week.

Banter: It's quite the incestuous little fed over there isn't it? Seems like they're all swimming in each other's soup.

Tex: Certainly there is a dense and complex history involving some of their biggest stars. Indigo showing up in TCW has caused some major issues to erupt in FWRFed, I understand.

Indigo has Shamrock up on his feet, and she whips him into the corner. She goes in, looking for a monkey flip, but Shamrock is able to get a grip on her and he dumps her to the mat. He goes down into a sloppy pin, but Indigo gets a foot in his gut and flips him over onto his back. She jumps up and goes to the ropes, bouncing off the middle one with a lionsault, only for Shamrock to roll out of the way so she crashes face-first into the mat.

Banter: Can you believe all this TCW versus FWRFed stuff?

Tex: Not really. Both feds have always conducted themselves in the spirit of cooperation. One of their top performers for a time was JE, the former TCW Aftershock and Tag Champion, we've had Malaki competing over here in the second half of 2007, our current Aftershock Champion DeSean Blackwell took part in a match in FWRFed a while ago and even The Hammer was in action over there recently for a one-off match.

Cain: There's certainly a fair amount of cross-pollination. Remember too that Indigo herself took part in last year's Road to Glory. It's worrying how fast this has all erupted and, I'm ashamed to say it, but it seems like Stern is really the aggressor in this situation, baiting Powers and hiring his deposed Champion.

Banter: You can't blame her for wanting to put the competition out of business.

Shamrock has Indigo in a side-headlock and he cinches it tighter, pulling back on the young woman's chin. Indigo claws for the ropes, but she can't get to them. Shamrock smirks in triumph as he wrenches back again, but then Indigo shifts the pressure, rolling forward and getting a grip beneath Shamrock so she can roll him over and onto his shoulders...

One....

Shamrock rights himself, but Indigo rolls him over again...

One...

Two...

Shamrock releases the hold so he can avoid being pinned and rolls through to his feet. He charges Indigo, who is still down on the mat, but she brings him down with a drop-toehold that sends him crashing into the canvas. Indigo hops up to her feet and lifts her hand by way of a signal to the fans.

Tex: It looks like she's going for something impressive!

Cain: Indigo has a style that is very highly influenced by Japanese wrestling, and, unless I miss my guess, we're about to see something in that vein.

Shamrock climbs up to his feet and then turns around slowly. Indigo accelerates rapidly towards him, hand still raised, and slams her palm into his face.

Banter: What the hell?!

Cain: That's the Shotei, Banter, one of the trademark moves of legendary puroresu star Jushin Liger.

Banter: I understood about two words of that.

Shamrock is turned inside-out by the impact of the Shotei, and Indigo immediately drops into a cover...

One...

Two...

Thre...no! Not enough!

Tex: I thought that was it then. Shamrock is showing impressive resilience so far.

Indigo places her hands on her hips and catches her breath. Shamrock is still down, clutching at his face, and she takes her opportunity, going right for the top rope. She signals for the Indigo Splash, but Shamrock gets to his feet. Indigo has already committed herself and leaps from the turnbuckle as Shamrock throws himself out of the way. She manages to land with a roll though and comes right up to her feet. Shamrock, believing himself in the clear, turns around and gets a face full of dropkick that sends him over the ropes and to the floor outside.

Cain: Indigo is really taking the fight to Shamrock. This is her chance to show the TCW fans what she can do, and she's not disappointing.

Indigo vaults over the ropes, trying to hit Shamrock with a cross body, but he ducks out of the way and Indigo tumbles to the floor. He rests against the apron for a moment before picking Indigo up and rolling her into the ring. He follows her in and covers...

One...

Tw...kickout!

Shamrock beats the mat in frustration. He picks Indigo up and floors her with a reverse STO, then goes for another pin...

One...

Two...

Th...no!

Cain: Shamrock can't keep Indigo down.

Banter: This is what happens when you mess with TCW. Except Indigo isn't really TCW...

Tex: I believe she is, Banter.

Shamrock rolls Indigo up to her feet once more and hooks her up for the Stock Crash, but she grabs his arm and takes him down to the mat with an arm drag. Holding on, she steps over his arm and dives forward, using his arm as a lever to roll him up into a pin...

Cain: A la magistral cradle! You don't see one of those every day!

One...

Two...

Thre...and Shamrock barely kicks out in time!

Tex: I thought for sure that would be it then. Indigo needs to keep up the pressure on Shamrock or she might snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Shamrock gets up to his feet, and Indigo attacks, unleashing a devastating enziguri. Shamrock sways, then drops to his knees and flops to the mat. He rolls over onto his back, eyes closed.

Cain: I think Indigo knocked him out cold!

Banter: She should pin him then!

Indigo doesn't cover, instead she goes back to the top rope.

Banter: What's she doing?

Tex: I think she wants to end this match in style, Banter.

Indigo stands up and the crowd joins her, cheering as she launches through the air, tucking into a tight ball and spinning end over end to crash into Shamrock with the Indigo Splash.

Tex: Shades of Rachel Hunter!

Cain: This one is over!

Indigo hooks Shamrock's leg...

One...

Two...

Three!!!

The bell rings and the crowd explodes, cheering wildly for Indigo.

Tex: A hard fought, but comprehensive victory for Indigo in her first real TCW match.

Cain: And through her Stern has struck a blow against FWRFed in this would-be war. First blood goes to TCW - is this the end, or will the Commissioner respond to Powers's offer of a match in Lima later tonight?

Indigo climbs the turnbuckle and lifts her arms, celebrating her victory, but she still looks like she'd rather be somewhere else.

Commissioner

The camera reveals a view of a locker room backstage, where Darkness is standing, patched up with masses of bandages, covering almost his entire torso. His face looks badly bruised, with cuts and abrasions evident across both cheeks. As he walks around the room, his movements are stiff and carefully measured.

"I'm fine," he growls at Freya, who is standing to one side, hands on hips, looking at him sceptically.

"Yeah, you look it. Why don't we go for a run to celebrate?"

"Can't. We have a match."

She rolls her eyes. "What are you trying to prove with this?"

Darkness gives her a sharp look. "What do you think? That they haven't beaten me. That no matter what they do to me and how far they push me, I won't stop fighting. They can take me to the brink of death, torture me, humiliate me, but I won't let them break me."

"But if you go out there and try to wrestle, then you will break - physically. You need rest."

"If I rest, then they've won already. I won't be backing down from a fight just because some sadistic, soulless bitch roughed me up a bit. I'm going to go out there, and I'm going to beat Dante. I'm going to prove that even banged up like this, even after what I've been through, I can still defeat my most worthy opponent ever."

Darkness already has his belts in hand and, as he reaches the end of his speech, immediately makes his way to the door. Freya watches him walk out of shot with an amazed look.

"You're insane," she calls after him, "and you look like Brendan Fraser should be hunting you." After a few seconds, she rolls her eyes again and jogs off screen after him. "Oh, and did you ask Dante about this whole ‘beating him' deal?" she can be heard asking.

Tex: Darkness doesn't look in any shape to fight. I can't say with any conviction what he might have been through to get injuries like that though.

Cain: Even now, Darkness remains a mystery to most of us - I imagine this will continue to fuel speculation about his private life.

Banter: That's one hell of a private life if you show up at work looking like that. I wonder what clubs he hangs out at?

Cain: Not the kind you'd want to stumble into by surprise, I'll bet.

Tex: Whatever the situation, the World Champion is as ready for a fight as ever, and he's up next!

<center>Image Image Image Image
</center>

<center><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n2q6G0CV38E"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n2q6G0CV38E" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object></center>

Dante appears on stage as fire blazes up on either side of him, framing the albino in flickering light. Jay Ecks steps up beside him, and the two men slap hands before making their way to the ring.

Sammy Eubanks: The following tag team contest is scheduled for one fall...introducing first, at a combined weight of 516 lbs...JAAAAY EEEEEECKS AND JAAAAAAAAAAAAAASOOOOOOOOOON DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Cain: This is not the first time we've seen Dante's long time friend, Jay Ecks, but this will be his first official match.

Tex: And what a debut match this is - he's going up against the best TCW has to offer.

Dante and Ecks enter the ring together and are in close conversation as Dante's music fades out.

<center>Faint white figures paint my sleep
Please don't tell my secrets keep them hidden (you got it, you got it, you got it)
If the words that matter reach your face from floor
Will you be wondering if, or (do I need what is given or honest)
Does it cost me scarring if the words stay true
Even number your nephew (I don't want it, don't want it, don't want it anymore)
</center>

Sammy Eubanks: And their opponents...first, from Oxford, England...weighing in at 143 lbs...she is the TCW BLEEDER CHAMPION...FREEEEEEEEEYAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

An explosion sounds above the entrance ramp, sending golden pyro raining down.

<center>And when the answer that you want
Is in the question that you state
Come what may!
Come what may!

And when the answer that you want
Come what may!
Come what may!
</center>

Freya walks down the ramp, looking pensive. She mostly ignores the fans cheering for her.

Tex: Freya will team up with Darkness tonight. Everyone in this match has those New Hellfire Club tattoos, although I suppose that that group is no longer a force in any meaningful sense.

Banter: Kind of a dumb idea to get tattoos then, wasn't it?

Cain: Certainly they're not an organised stable now, but a force - well, tonight's main event contains four of them and Darkness, Freya and Dante have seen off almost everyone Stern has sent against them. I'd say that the legacy of the NHFC is alive and well.

<center>In a pain that buckles out your knees
Could you stop this if I plead (you got it, you got it, you got it)
So destined I am to walk among the dark
A child in keeping secrets from (will they know what I've done in the after)
In the sought for matter when the words blame you
In a blood red summer I'll give you (I don't want it, don't want it, don't want it)
</center>

Freya climbs into the ring and exchanges a nod with Dante and Ecks.

<center>And when the answer that you want
Come what may!
Come what may!

And when the answer that you want
Come what may!
Come what may!
</center>

<center><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x3Mwo2lGdXU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x3Mwo2lGdXU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object></center>

Darkness has already left the locker room area, so the first the crowd sees of him is as the pyros hit and he walks out through the flames. Darkness has a noticeable limp, and his bandages show all too well that is far from 100% for this match.

Cain: Dante and Ecks could be looking to pick up an easy win here, but it's never wise to underestimate Darkness. He won a battle royal in his first match after losing his hand and actually emerged from a patrol car before a match after being arrested and went on to win his first World's Heavyweight Championship.

Tex: But we've seen Dante show off a superhuman constitution before. In all the ways that matter, these two are evenly matched.

Cain: Which is why I give the nod to Dante if Darkness is this injured.

Banter: And then, their partners are...uh...a little mismatched.

Tex: Yes, it's fair to say that there is an extreme height and weight disparity between Jay Ecks and Freya, but she has overcome bigger odds to win before. This match is what they call a "pick ‘em", folks.

Darkness reaches the ring after a torturous walk down the ramp. The fans are cheering for him, but the pain etched on his face is obvious. He laboriously climbs the ring steps and Freya sits on the ropes to let him in, but he waves her away, and stoops down to go through.

Banter: What do you think happened to him?

Tex: He mentioned torture. I wouldn't like to guess what that might mean.

Banter: Maybe Freya's into weird stuff...you know...sexually...

Cain: I'm not sure why that would affect Darkness, Banter.

Banter: Oh come on. Don't make me spell it out.

Cain: I wouldn't even think of asking you to spell something live on air. It'd embarrass us all.

Dante and Ecks are still talking on one side of the ring. Ecks agrees to start things off. Freya gently pushes Darkness away, but he shoulders past her and offers a lock up to the huge former football player.

Tex: It looks like Darkness and Ecks will start things off here.

With a resigned look, Freya goes to her corner and the bell rings. Darkness attempts to push Ecks towards the ropes, but is quickly overpowered. Ecks swings him around and into the corner, shoving him against the turnbuckle. He backs straight off and looks at Dante as if for guidance.

Banter: What's he doing? Doesn't he know how to wrestle?

Cain: I think he's hesitant about fighting Darkness. He wants the nod from Dante.

Dante looks as concerned as Freya, and motions for Ecks to back off. Darkness straightens, wincing as he rolls one bandaged shoulder, but then he flies out of the corner, taking Ecks by surprise and bringing him down with a running schoolboy...

One...

Ecks kicks right out!

Darkness rolls up to his feet, but Ecks drops him with an uppercut and then picks him up. He whips him across the ring and looks for a clothesline, but Darkness ducks and then hits a dropkick. Ecks goes down, but the impact of dropping to the mat has also hurt the World Champion. He uses the ropes to stand and Freya is already asking for the tag, but Darkness ignores her.

Tex: I've seen a lot of tough athletes in my time. I've watched hurt men fight, and seen wrestlers come back from some appalling injuries, but Darkness is moving like an invalid. I don't think it's safe for him to be in the ring right now.

Darkness and Ecks lock up again, and Ecks quickly grabs a side headlock. He tries to bring Darkness down, but Darkness plants his feet and tries to lift Ecks into a back suplex. He can't get the leverage he needs though and Ecks is able to elbow his way free. Darkness stumbles backwards. Several of his bandages have become dislodged, revealing more bruises and oozing cuts.

Banter: Ew!

Cain: Darkness is in seriously bad shape. Either the referee or Ecks needs to end this right now.

Ecks approaches Darkness, attempting to reason with him, but Darkness surprises him with a spear. Darkness pounds on Ecks with right hands on the mat, but Ecks gets a knee under him and kicks him off. Darkness rolls across the ring and up to his feet. He comes back with another charge, but Ecks stops him with a shoulder block that knocks him back down to the canvas.

Ecks tags in Dante, and the albino offers Darkness a hand. The Champion takes it, but then pulls Dante down into a small package...

One...

Tw..no!

Dante leaps up, furious, and goes right for Darkness with stomps and kicks.

Tex: Dante did not like that.

Cain: We saw how frustrated Dante was at Friction with his loss to Freya. What would another high profile loss do to his ego?

Tex: What would a loss to a man this injured do to it?

Dante whips Darkness across the ring and lifts him into a back body drop. Darkness lands hard, clutching at his back, and Dante goes to one knee. He puts Darkness in a chinlock, but Darkness is able to reach the ropes and the hold is broken. Dante picks Darkness up again, elbows him in the back of the neck and goes for a suplex. Darkness counters, landing on his feet though and sends Dante sprawling with a sloppy seated dropkick. The momentum knocks Darkness towards his corner and, as he stands up, Freya makes a blind tag.

Banter: Haha, it looks like she hurt him!

Darkness did indeed wince as the tag was made, and now glares at Freya as she hops past him. Grudgingly, he goes to his corner as Freya aims a kick at Dante. He catches her foot though and spins her around, ducking the inevitable enziguri and flooring her with an elbow strike.

Cain: At Friction, we saw Freya win a textbook victory over Dante, barely breaking a sweat. Dante is going to be determined to banish the ghost of that match tonight.

Banter: Ha, banish the ghost. Good one.

Cain: What?

Banter: Well look at him. He looks like Casper.

Tex: That's a pretty intolerant way to talk about albinism, Banter. It's a serious condition.

Banter: I'm not going to be lectured about tolerance by a guy wearing a cowboy hat.

Dante covers Freya...

One...not enough!

He lifts her and whips her into the corner, following in with a spear, but Freya jumps up and Dante crashes into the post. She jumps on his back as he staggers out, but he grabs her by the hair and slams her into the mat from behind him. He goes to drop a leg, but she rolls out of the way and bounds up to her feet to deliver a spin-kick to the back of the head. Dante goes flying forwards, hung up on the second rope.

Cain: Oh here we go!

Freya signals for the OX4, making a circuit of the ring, but then Darkness leans over and tags her. She rounds on him, angrily, but he's already diving past her and dragging Dante up to his feet. He backs up and tries a superkick, but Dante ducks it and grabs him from behind. He snaps on an inverted front-facklock...

Tex: The Broken Reflection! Dante just took Darkness out!

The referee is pushing Freya back to her corner as Dante hooks Darkness's leg but he rushes back and dives to the mat to make the count...

One...

Two...

Thr...kickout!

Cain: Darkness kicked out! He's not beaten yet!

Freya is yelling something at Dante, and he mouths off at her before picking Darkness up by the hair. He levels a finger at her, but then Darkness surprises him by dropping down into a jawbreaker. Dante is bounced off his feet and tumbles back against the ropes. Darkness rises up and, as Dante staggers towards him, smashes him with a thunderous superkick!

Tex: Darkness with a huge move! Dante might be knocked out cold!

Both men are down, Dante from the kick, and Darkness from the injuries that have been exacerbated. He's now lost several more bandages, and is bleeding from multiple locations. Freya leans over the ropes for the tag as Dante comes to and starts crawling towards Ecks, who is also asking for a tag.

Cain: The race is on!

Banter: The slowest race ever.

Tex: Even if Darkness makes the tag, Freya will be up against an opponent twice her size - how can she even hope to triumph?

Dante throws himself towards his corner and makes the tag. Darkness tries to crawl up to his feet, but Ecks is on him too quickly, dragging him back to the centre of the ring. He picks him up, lifting him onto his shoulders and then falling back into a Somoan drop. The move shakes the ring, and Ecks hooks Darkness's leg...

One...

Two...

Thre...and Freya comes in and breaks up the pin!

Tex: Freya made the save, but surely Darkness can't hold on for much longer.

Cain: It's only going to take one big move to finish him off.

Freya is forced back to her corner and Ecks moves to the corner opposite. He ducks down and beckons for Darkness to stand on the other side of the ring.

Banter: What's he doing?

Cain: It looks like he might be going for a spear...

Darkness is up and he turns around slowly. Ecks surges out from the corner, taking off as he reaches the middle of the ring and slamming into Darkness with an immense flying shoulder.

Tex: A football tackle! I should have guessed.

Banter: That the kind of big move you were thinking off, Isaiah?

Cain: Pretty much.

Darkness is flat out and Ecks pins...

One...

Two...

Thr...no, Darkness's foot is on the bottom rope!

Ecks can't believe it, but he goes back to the corner again, looking for another football tackle to finish this off. Freya is beating her turnbuckle madly, trying to encourage Darkness, and the crowd is soon chanting his name. He groggily gets to his feet again and turns. Ecks charges once more, but Darkness is ready for him. He takes to the air too and, with a thunderous crash, slams his knee into the giant hurtling towards him.

Cain: The Shadowed Wizard! Incredible impact!

Ecks is sent flying by the blow, spinning halfway across the ring and being carried right back up to his feet by the momentum. He blunders into Dante, knocking him off the apron and into the barrier at ringside.

Banter: Oops!

Ecks stumbles over and then flops down, hung up on the second rope.

Banter: How does that always happen? It's amazing!

Darkness is down, but he crawls towards Freya and makes the tag as she reaches down from her perch on the second rope. She bounds over the rope and signals for the OX4 again. The crowd surge to their feet as she runs the ropes and then spins between them on the way back, kicking Ecks right in the face and sending him right down to the mat. She covers...

One...

Two...

Dante is on the apron...

Three!!!

Cain: They did it! Freya and Darkness have defeated Dante and Jay Ecks in an amazing match!

Ecks rolls onto his stomach, clutching at his face as Freya has her hand raised in victory. Darkness has rolled out of the ring and is now slumped against the apron, clutching at his bandaged side. Dante climbs in and tends to Ecks in the middle of the ring. He looks at Freya and gives her a grudging nod.

Tex: Another defeat for Jason Dante at the hands of Freya, albeit indirectly this time.

Banter: Think he'll throw another tantrum?

Cain: He didn't throw a tantrum, Banter.

Freya leaves the ring and holds out a hand to help Darkness up. He accepts it gratefully and stands beside her. She ducks in under his arm to support him as he raises a hand in triumph.

Tex: Darkness swore he would win this match, and he has done so. I don't know who he was trying to send a message to, but he's surely succeeded.

Cain: It was a team effort, of course, but maybe that's part of his message too. Freya and Darkness have formed what is surely one of the most successful partnerships in TCW history, and whoever hurt him will, I'd imagine, have to go through her to do it a second time.

Commissioner

Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]