[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2914)
Twisted Experience and TCW - View topic - Hey there!
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Hey there! 
Can thou not hearest? Let me turneth it up!

Post Hey there!
So let's try this thing out, eh?? Let me know if there are any problems...

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:48 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Linda McMahon

Behold the arrival of Captain Paragon, the only sanctioned transhuman in Columbia today! Captain Paragon intends to single-handedly rid New Amsterdam of crime, but will that stop other transhumans flocking to his banner? We think not!

Those who wish to join the fight against Professor Mandrake would do well to align themselves with Captain Paragon, for those who are not with him...are against him. And that is not a place you want to be.

- it's a space opera novel I wrote.

I have some shit on Kindle too: ,

Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:18 am
Profile E-mail

Captain Paragon (and his buddy who also signed up) might want to go put ages in their bios instead of being lazypantses!

I have no money, I am a failure, my leaders have led me to ruin, and I welcome the absolving embrace of death.

Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:28 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Linda McMahon

Just to let everyone know: while this is a supers game the default setting is Bronze Age comic books, that's just what it is - the default. Don't feel like you have to be [Verb]man in a spandex outfit. Transhumans from New Amsterdam are just the basic starting point for people who want to jump right in, but everyone is welcome to try almost anything they want. Part of the reason we chose the superhero genre was because it offers a lot of room for different ideas - many of the characters currently in TCW could fit quite comfortably into the average comic book universe, for example. Remember, The Endless come from the same universe as The Flash, Green Lantern and John Constantine. Captain America coexists with The Punisher and Galactus.

We also want the setting to encompass as many story telling ideas as possible, with as much weird stuff as you can imagine. If you want you character to be a demon, that's fine. If you want to be a pulp archaeologist with a bull whip, that's fine. If you want to be a suave British secret agent, that's fine. You can be a lantern-jawed hero in a costume and a mask, or you can be a gritty anti-hero who wears fatigues and has no powers except his iron will and mean streak. If you can imagine it, we want you to do it.

As time goes on, the setting is going to be expanded, and some of the history will unfold over time. We want to give people as many jumping off points for characters and stories as we can, so don't feel like we're locking you into certain things - the setting, along with everything else, is intended to be very mutable. Plus this is still a beta version anyway!

Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:58 pm
Profile E-mail
Too much time on my hands

Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:03 pm
Profile E-mail

Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:52 pm
Profile E-mail
Linda McMahon

Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:58 pm
Profile E-mail

Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:23 am
Profile E-mail WWW

Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:26 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Linda McMahon

Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:44 pm
Profile E-mail

-Updated on July 29th, 2008

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com -My favorite smart wrestling site.

CM Punk: Your WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!

Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:00 pm
Profile YIM

Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:04 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
411's Prima Donna

This sounds really cool other than the whole being in the 80s bit :o

David Hardy's Title History:

411Fed 2004 Tag-Team Turmoil Winner (RoXoRz) 8/15/04
411Fed Tag Team Champion (RoXoRz) 11/24/04 - 3/2/05
411Fed Intercontinental Champion 3/2/05 - 6/6/05 (Merged with ECF Transcontinental Title)
411Fed/ECF Transcontinental Champion 6/6/05 - 11/28/05
TCW Aftershock Champion 3/6/07 - 5/2/08

Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:13 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Linda McMahon

It's not in the 80s! The setting is just reminiscent of 80s comics - you know, like Watchmen and Dark Knight Returns. Would you rather we ripped off Civil War and heel-turn Tony Stark?

Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:15 pm
Profile E-mail
411's Prima Donna

I might have to join in on these activities!

411Fed Intercontinental Champion 3/2/05 - 6/6/05 (Merged with ECF Transcontinental Title)

Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:35 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Linda McMahon

To summarise, the setting is the present day, but in an alternate universe. Obviously there are superheroes, which is the main difference, but there's also some cosmetic stuff, like New York being called New Amsterdam and America being called Columbia. There's some other stuff, like WWII going on longer and involving superheroes.

Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:37 pm
Profile E-mail

This game does need more Canucks to balance out the Euro contingent.

Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:40 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
411's Prima Donna

I've actually had quite a few vigilante-esque ideas for Hardy that would work much better in this game than the wrestling one. I guess I'll have to come up with a new character, though, and we all know how creative I am :-?

Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:53 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Linda McMahon

One of the reasons we chose the supers genre was because many feuders would be able to move pretty seamlessly between this and their TCW stuff. There's not a lot of clear water between some of our characters and superheroes - in fact, a few would probably fit better into this game than TCW.

Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:59 pm
Profile E-mail

I went ahead and modified my post in the 'Off Duty' area for those of you who hadn't noticed, in case anyone cares.

-Updated on July 29th, 2008

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com -My favorite smart wrestling site.

CM Punk: Your WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!

Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:08 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next